Tractor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
My theory is that they install the light lube to aid with the break-in process and it flushes any metal grindings out easily at the initial lube change time. As for installing a 10w30 in the front axle out of concern in cold weather, what then should we do in the hot weather? A motorcycle specific 10W40 or 20W50 would be an Ok choice too. The gears in the front axle take a lot of abuse, what with steering, or when 4x4 is activated in snow or dirt, or carrying heavy loads in the bucket etc. So why not use a gear lube since that is the application? Use a good synthetic and change it every 500 hrs or so. I used Amsoil 75W110 and I use my Kioti CK30HST in all kinds of Canadian weather. Dutchy
Your theory, no offense but look at the specs and you will see the manufacturer reasoning for hydraulic fluid.
Example Mobil 424
Applications

Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in

Heavy-duty transmissions, differentials, final drives, hydraulic systems, power steering systems, wet brakes, PTOs and hydrostatic drives
Off-highway industries including: agriculture, construction, and quarrying
Top-up and refill of systems
Commercial transmission applications requiring Type A (Suffix A), Dexron and Type F fluids. Do not use in passenger car automatic transmissions
Applications requiring API GL-4 or SAE 80W grade lubricants in all gear applications except hypoid gear designs
Outstanding replacement for engine oils recommended for hydraulic and transmission systems

Notice API GL-4, same as differential fluid. But also the Mobil 424 specs says differentials.
I uploaded picture for specs of my CK3510
Do you counter balance the rear of the tractor when using the FEL?

Well, I owe Dutchy an apology as I was wrooooonnnnggg. I pulled my service manual and looked at the front axle section. See added picture. And notice note, for easy manufacturing process they added trans fluid to front axle. Since I'm a Royal Purple guy I think I will get the 75w90
for mine. I know my dealer mentioned 10w30 transfluid for front axle but Mobil 424 says not for hypoid gears.

Attachments

·
7 Posts
Looks like specs for the nx are different from the ck as my manual does recommend gear oil for the front axles as per the manual screenshot below. With respect to ballast, I've only been using my 5 ft bushhog thus far which is proving too light for that purpose. Will get the tires loaded before too much longer. Currently looking for a gooseneck trailer to haul my tractor to a shop to get that done as my tractor is 6 inches wider than my current gooseneck trailer :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had RimGuard put in the rear tires of my NX6010. Added around 900 pounds to the rear. For most of my work that is plenty of weight. If I am using a tree shear mounted on the loader I add a 3 point attachment that has 1000 pounds of tractor suitcase weights. If both of the ballast aren't enough, then I know I need to use a bigger tractor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer stated he has a computer program for front end loader weight in respect to rear end loading. He stated adding "loaded" rear tires isn't the best method of ballast due to fulcrum point of front axle. The best method was off the 3 point hitch. With my backhoe attached it's sufficient but with it removed I was concerned with the weight of my rear blade. I made a 3/4" plywood box with 2x10's on bottom & sides that straddles the blade riser and added cement block. Each block weighs 22.5 lbs.
With 20 blocks, 450 lbs plus 360 lbs for blade, total 860 lbs for fulcrum which the dealer said was sufficient for front axle protection from overloading due to FEL.
I am waiting to hear back from him on the front axle fluid, trans fluid vs gear lube.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update from my dealer:
We recommend the Trans/Diff fluid in the Front Axle because of the Low Temperature viscosity ratings of the Shell Spirax S4 TXM. It just gets too cold in Michigan for 80/90 to be able to properly flow in the Front Axle. The front axle fluid needs to "splash" to properly lubricate the differential and bevel gear cases.

Don't worry about hypoid gear lubrication. KIOTI does not use "hypoid" bevel gears. The bevel gears used in the front axle are all "helical" bevel gears.

Shell Donax TD is old specification oil and was replaced with Spirax S4 TXM

·
7 Posts
Thanks for the additional info K7iou! I live in TN so I don't worry so much about it being too cold and requiring a lighter mix on the front axle fluid.. I also think your dealer may have a much better solution for my needs around a ballast. I did not want to load my tires and that may be a good alternative.

·
298 Posts
My DK 35 came with transmission/hydraulic fluid in the front axle.
I've been running 80/90 gear oil in the front axle since the 50 hour service 16 years ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is a Great model I have worked on them before. Parts are plentiful and 1/2 the price of other major brands.

Good Luck with it

·
Dutchy
30 Posts
Looks like specs for the nx are different from the ck as my manual does recommend gear oil for the front axles as per the manual screenshot below. With respect to ballast, I've only been using my 5 ft bushhog thus far which is proving too light for that purpose. Will get the tires loaded before too much longer. Currently looking for a gooseneck trailer to haul my tractor to a shop to get that done as my tractor is 6 inches wider than my current gooseneck trailer :mad:
Bigfish50,
The Amsoil 75W110 Severe Gear Oil that I installed in the front axle of my CK30 pours at -47 degrees which is actually lower than most straight 90 weight gear oils that the manual recommends. Hard to find a straight 90 anyways.

And to K7iou, no worries. Thanks for showing that the reason Kioti installed hydraulic fluid in the front axle is for simplicity's sake at the factory. All the more reason to change out to a good gear lube as soon as the 50 hours is up...
Dutchy

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a ck3510 hst that I was plowing (20 acres with 2 bottom), with and lost a plug from the front (right) axle. I called the dealer, Buffalo River Sales, and they dispatched a tech to my house ( about 90 miles one way) He brought the Kioti Lube HD 80W-90 Gear oil and after flushing for dirt in system installed the new plug and filled with oil. Cost-
ZERO, zilch, NADA. So if you are around Northern MN and need a good dealership let me recommend the above. Great Dealership.

·
298 Posts
Thought I'd give a couple year newer update on my page 1 review of my 2001 Kioti DK 35.
Bought this tractor new 16 years ago.
Still working great, everything still nice and tight.
Never gives me any issues. Nice tractor.
Currently has 2070 hours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a CK4010 HST with FEL. I bought it new in Dec of 2015. It now has about 130 hours on it and I've had zero problems. I have about 40 acres that I use it on for brush hogging, landscaping and logging. My tractor has performed extremely well and I definitely recommend Kioti tractors.

Dealerships are important with any tractor purchase. I bought mine from S&H Farm Supply in Lockwood, Missouri. They have been great from the start, even showing up at my home to do a software update and to install a factory recall on the "quick attach" system on the FEL.

Before my purchase, I visited numerous dealerships while looking at John Deere, Kubota, LS and Kioti. I was looking for ~40 hp, diesel, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Blade and trailer package. The John Deere 3038E series was junk, the LS-X3037 was nice but over priced and no package deals. The Kubota L3901 HST was solid but the dealer wasn't.

Do your homework keeping in mind what you want to be able to do with the tractor. When in doubt, buy bigger not smaller. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
not real satisfied

I have a Kioti ck35 HST with bucket and backhoe had problems right out of the box with hydraulic leaks on hose connections mainly the fault of the assembly guy at dealer.

I was out the cost of 7 gallons of fluid to get it to move so I could take it to the dealer.

I am not impressed with the power of the bucket kind of weak for its size as far as its ability to roll back and lift. I had a smaller backhoe that i traded in a 24 hp it lifted the things I usually lift with bucket just fine this grunts and moves very slow but if you finesse it it will eventsally get it lifted.

Backhoe power is fine for its size .

I also have the Sc2410 with SM2410 mower deck only no other attachments it has barely 100 hours but has been problematic. I will pick it up at dealer tomorrow for the 2nd time all deck bearings have failed which was full of grease I KNOW BECAUSE I DROPPED IT OFF IN THE MORNING at 7:30 am and I SAW THEM DISASSEMBLE THE BEARING SPINDLES I CAME BACK AT 2 IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED. WAS NOT this time i ran it on their deck and it started making rattling noise again I WAITED TIL 5 STILL NOT FINISHED HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER TRIP.again the cages that held bearings in proper location in bearing p were broke so the balls were randomly rolling around in the races,
I MOWED WITH IT SINCE THEN AND AFTER 3/4 OF AN ACRE IT STARTED GETTING NOISY AGAIN.I THINK IT IS FAILING AGAIN sounds like the same noise.
Currently it is under warranty but won't be before long thinking about trying to trade it for a John Deere or Kubota because there are dealers near by the nearest Kioti is 100 miles and I end up having to haul it there and back the local guys will at least pick them up. They can’t be any worse.

I had remote hydraulics added to rear on the 2410 I have a homemade dump trailer that part works great. but agiain an issue with the hoses The 2410 that had a hose for the rear remotes that rubbed against the pto shaft and failed dumped all the Hydraulic fluid again due to the assembler at dealer they always have parts or with in hours of ordering them .
They could stand to hire better help he was supposed to have installed a strap that holds the hose in place but he had just draped it under mower loose.
The tractor part of the 2410 is a nice little tractor if everything it tied in place.
The deck when within hours of new had a part fall off right after 3rd use again faults of the assembly guy.

I have no faith in the mower deck.

Since original post I had the the 3rd function remote installed at dealer it has malfunctioned stuck in up function will not release from that position, it had done that since they installed it but a quick bump on down it would quit I was trying to get the work done I was doing and we are leaving on vacation was going to haul it back down again after vacation.
But this last time it bent the cylinder on my grapple pushed grapple over center and bent the grapple mount .

I had to make of a loop hose to plug into quick connects so it can be moved without blowing pressure relief or a hose that by passed the cylinder but its still moving fluid I am currently rebuilding the grapple and having to haul it 100 miles to get dealer to attempt to correct it so far everything they have worked on has taken 3 trips to get it right as well as there has been more hydraulic leaks on backhoe hoses.
I am going to take all the hoses to a local bearing and hydraulic shop and have real quality hoses made up .
AM I HAPPY WITH MY KIOTI'S NO!
I mowed the same yard for 15 yeas with a Poulan Pro mower I got rid of it when I got this 2410 it is still in use by a friend and has original deck bearings just uses a lot of belts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bought the CS3510 and it was a disaster right off the bat . Just about every bolt had to use locktight. Still finding bolts laying around . Cold weather wouldn't start , hydraulic leaks , once engaged , wouldn't stop and hole in my shop siding . Just part of it ! Shop had it for almost 7 months owning twice that long . Dealer was good in letting me have a loaner . A real lemon and had them take it back and bought a 4510 . This is a bit underpowered for a 45 horse but no problems so far with only60 hours . I use mine 1 hour minimum per day and average 1200 per year . My Kubota , a much better tractor w/7000 hrs and no problems ever .

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a new DK4510 last November and as of current have 175 hours on the clock, a few minor issues here n there but so far everything is running good. I use it for my small tractor business such as bush hogging and dirt work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those who own Kioti or have owned Kioti's, after using them, what are your thoughts on their reliability and longevity.
i bought a 07 ck 30hst back in 09 put 1400 not so easy hrs on it near trouble,, free glow plugs and a tranny cooler just traded it for a 40 ck factory cab could have bought any compact out there chose another kioti

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those who own Kioti or have owned Kioti's, after using them, what are your thoughts on their reliability and longevity.
I've had my CK-4010 HST for almost 2 years and have 180 hrs on it. Most of its work has been front loading dirt, gravel and manure although its also drilled about a hundred 9" post holes with a 3 point auger and cut our 15 acres of pasture half a dozen times. So far, no problems at all. It starts immediately, even in -5F weather. The auto regen seems to be working well based on the occasional change of sound although the regen light never illuminates. I've gotten used to the HST transmission which is very convenient when doing frequent backing but does seem to cost a fair amount of power as well as being noisy. I've got a 5' box blade, a toothbar I use to scrape up rocks, a 6' grader blade, a 6' rough cut mower, a post hole auger and forks for the fel quick attach and a 1000# concrete rear ballast I made. The forks have no problem carrying 1500 pound skids (using the rear ballast).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ill probably start a new post, but this came up in Google searches first...

CK2610, about 140 hours. The rear dif lock has always been hard to engage, now it doesn't at all unless you do it by hand (looks like they put the angles almost straight between the linkages...)

Also the front steering sheared off right where the piston has the grooves cut in it (machined for the c clips). Around $700 to replace (part alone) and it seems from talking to another person locally it has happened to them as well. Nothing is bent/dented/dinged, was pushing brush in a burn pile (not up against anything) it just made a loud pop... Eventually I'll be able to add a picture (not enough post yet).

Just curious if this has been a ongoing problem. Machining a rod with groves doesn't seem all that bright.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We purchased a Kioti RX6010 about 5 years ago. The tractor was purchased new. It has been used mainly for bush hogging. At this time it will lock up and not go forward. It will go backwards. The radiator is too small for the tractor and it will run hot. Right after we purchased the tractor the dealer quit handling them. Now we are stuck with a $40,000 dollar tractor we cannot use and cannot get serviced. I think the North Koreans built the darn things.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts