Tractor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have about 140 hours on mine...

Right off bad hydraulics leaks...tightened...no problem there....

Power wise I wish I'd tried to lift the front using the FEL...It won't do it.

The rear wheel lock has always been a pain, but now it won't go it. Looking at the angles on the linkages there just off (if you do it by hand underneath it goes in real easy). This is a often grip on these tractors...

My 19 HP Kubota felt like it had more power...High range is pretty useless where I live. Anything other than flat it just slows down. Mine is a Hydrostat drive. But they rate the HP the same, obviously its not.

My real problem with the tractor though is pushing some brush the front steering sheered at the place where the piston is grooved for the C clips...nothing bent...nor was I up against anything on the wheels... Just a clean sheer at the grove... Not sure what the warranty does/doesn't cover, but dealer was no help other than wanting over $800 for a new steering unit...NO they don't sell just the rod/piston...got to buy it all....

Would I buy it again?

Only if I checked the warranty closer..and...made it sure would lift the front of the tractor by itself...drove it slightly up a hill in high range...if it could do all of that, sure...

But it can't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We purchased a Kioti RX6010 about 5 years ago. The tractor was purchased new. It has been used mainly for bush hogging. At this time it will lock up and not go forward. It will go backwards. The radiator is too small for the tractor and it will run hot. Right after we purchased the tractor the dealer quit handling them. Now we are stuck with a $40,000 dollar tractor we cannot use and cannot get serviced. I think the North Koreans built the darn things.
Hi just wondering if you worked anything out with your tractor as i have just been handed a RX7620 with the same issue. All I can find at this stage is that there is only 10.2 volts at the F/R solenoids an not sure if this should be 12volts, but that is all that is leaving the box under the floor plate. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
Interesting thread, seems like somewhat of a crap shoot as to whether you get a good one or not. My local Kioti dealer went out of business about a year or two ago. But then again, in the last 10 years, several different brand local dealers have gone out of business. I suspect that Lowe's and Home Depot have a lot to do with that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
joe; Around here no big box has more than lawn/garden equipment, no effect on compact, possible on smaller sub compact. I think it has more to do with the dealership or the support they receive. Dealer I bought mine from says they are still a dealer but very few on the lot. They were very good when I bought, but seem to have shifted interest. They have always been a large ag dealer. $

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
I live on the outer fringes of suburbial spread from NY city and Philly. We have housing developments, strip malls and condos intermingled with corn and soybean fields. Most equipment dealers locally used to sell as much lawn stuff as ag stuff, and when losing the lawn business to the big box stores, their bottom lines got damaged too much to stay in business. Plus Deere's business plan to kill off their mom & pop shops in favor of the $10 million a year dealers to maximize profits by cutting the costs of supplying all the little shops had an impact too.

·
Retired Canadian
918 Posts
FYI there is a great selection of, brand new, old model tractors in India. They are genuine......I guess, or close. They ship a container. A 20ft. seacan would hold 2 MF135/245's and a bunch of attachments. I never researched it much but it is interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I was looking for a new tractor the DK 50 was by far a better deal and had more features than the competition. So in 2013 I Purchased one and it has about 420 hours on it right now. I had one initial problem where the machining was faulty where the oil filter was mounted. Now at 400 hours I just spent $1100 because hydraulic oil is getting into the engine oil. A rebuild of the hydraulic pump did not fix the problem. I called the dealer and told them to start doing research with the factory on this problem but have not heard back from them yet. So depending on what the final repair is I can say I am not happy with this tractor with so few hours with this type of problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let me tell you about my problems. I bought my NX4510HST in Sept. 2016. At around 340 hours the throttle potentiometer died in Dec. 2018. Kioti paid for the switch but it cost me $575.00 because it was out of the standard 2 year warranty. I had to pay for diagnostics and replacement. Forward to Aug. 2019 with 420 hours and the CEL comes on and tractor is in limp mode due to a failed Regeneration cycle. $250.00 later I get it back and it lasted 15 minutes before the tractor was once again in a failed Regeneration mode. This should have been covered under warranty for emissions failure and will be requested when I get this machine back. Brought it back to the dealer next day. In the following weeks they pulled off the DPF and cleaned it out. They also checked out all kinds of things. Cost was $1125.00 and 6 more weeks of no tractor. Again, should be covered under emissions warranty for a failed Regeneration issue. I got the tractor back and it lasted just over 2 hours before it once again was in limp mode and another failed Regeneration. I brought it back the next day. Most of my tractor time is for standard mowing of fields with a finish mower. I have used my tractor very little over the past 3 months and not a very happy camper. #2 injector is spewing out 50% more fuel than it should be but Kioti doesn't think that this should be causing the problem that I am having. The earlyy NX series tractors use a different injection pump and injectors. Why 2 years later Kioti upgraded to a new style injection pump and different injectors is beyond me unless they had problems with the early ones. I really like this tractor but the down time is killing me.

·
Super Moderator
1,220 Posts
Wow that sucks. Keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Super Moderator
1,220 Posts
My DS4110 has been problem-free, however, it is a very simple tractor. No emissions equipment, conventional injection pump, no turbo, no electronics nor computer. The most sophisticated components are a couple of relays and the two speed switch on my cabin heater.

as nice as the bells and whistles are to have, I’m kinda’ glad I don’t have them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been having issues with my NX model since I bought it new 3 months ago. It's a NX 5010 with HST transmission. I found out from my dealer (post purchase) that there has been an ongoing problem with the electronics used in Kioti's NX line pretty much since it's introduction. The NX model uses electronics to control the transmission vs mechanical controls found in other models such as the DK series. Some owners are reporting a violent surge in direction which could be potentially dangerous. Imagine a helper guiding you closer to a structure and as you inch your way closer the tractor suddenly surges forward and either hits the structure or worse yet crushes your helper. The surging is being corrected by a complete transmission replacement due to the labor involved in disassembling it and replacing the faulty electronic component(s). My problem is that I lose my reverse function which is due to the failure of one of several external electronic control modules. Since it happens sporadically and miraculously works properly when being checked out by the dealership they don't know which part(s) to fix/replace. I'm guessing that these issues are part of the reason that Kioti is providing a 6 year warranty now opposed to the previous 2 year warranty. Consider a different model or even a different manufacturer when shopping for a tractor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Let me tell you about my problems. I bought my NX4510HST in Sept. 2016. At around 340 hours the throttle potentiometer died in Dec. 2018. Kioti paid for the switch but it cost me $575.00 because it was out of the standard 2 year warranty. I had to pay for diagnostics and replacement. Forward to Aug. 2019 with 420 hours and the CEL comes on and tractor is in limp mode due to a failed Regeneration cycle. $250.00 later I get it back and it lasted 15 minutes before the tractor was once again in a failed Regeneration mode. This should have been covered under warranty for emissions failure and will be requested when I get this machine back. Brought it back to the dealer next day. In the following weeks they pulled off the DPF and cleaned it out. They also checked out all kinds of things. Cost was $1125.00 and 6 more weeks of no tractor. Again, should be covered under emissions warranty for a failed Regeneration issue. I got the tractor back and it lasted just over 2 hours before it once again was in limp mode and another failed Regeneration. I brought it back the next day. Most of my tractor time is for standard mowing of fields with a finish mower. I have used my tractor very little over the past 3 months and not a very happy camper. #2 injector is spewing out 50% more fuel than it should be but Kioti doesn't think that this should be causing the problem that I am having. The earlyy NX series tractors use a different injection pump and injectors. Why 2 years later Kioti upgraded to a new style injection pump and different injectors is beyond me unless they had problems with the early ones. I really like this tractor but the down time is killing me.
I've been having issues with my NX as well. I posted the details in a comment. Kioti knows of the issues with the NX line which is probably one of the reasons that they are providing a 6 yr warranty now vs. the 2 yr warranty that you have. Kioti should step up and cover your costs in my opinion. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We purchased a Kioti RX6010 about 5 years ago. The tractor was purchased new. It has been used mainly for bush hogging. At this time it will lock up and not go forward. It will go backwards. The radiator is too small for the tractor and it will run hot. Right after we purchased the tractor the dealer quit handling them. Now we are stuck with a $40,000 dollar tractor we cannot use and cannot get serviced. I think the North Koreans built the darn things.
I'm having the same issues with a 3 month old NX 5010 only mine wont' go into reverse but I still have forward. Turns out that the NX's transmission is controlled by electronics vs mechanically like the DK series. Unfortunately there are several external and internal electronic components that control the transmission so figuring out which one(s) is failing is not easing if your tractor is not throwing a code.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally got my tractor back just after Thanksgiving. The dealer replaced the #2 fuel injector. So far I have put about 20 hours on it and the tractor is running fine. Total out of pocket cost so far is just over 2 Grand for what I consider to be warranty work in regards to the failed regeneration problems that the tractor had. The dealer is supposed to file paperwork with Kioti for reimbursement. I'll give it another month to see what happens on that issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a 2019 ck 2510 so far i've put 60 hrs on it in about 5 months. it's worked good for me .only problem has been in the last week i'm getting a little condensation in the starter solenoid. but that should be a quick fix for the dealer when i can get talking to them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just purchased an NX5510HST and apparently the dealer and area rep know of the issue with the hst but didn't tell me. I noticed the jerking right away and they played it down and said just to drive it. Did get a little better. They say there is a program being worked on to correct the problem.
I dont know how they can knowingly sell a faulty product and i am pushing for an answer. Maybe a class action lawsuit will get their attention.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been having issues with my NX model since I bought it new 3 months ago. It's a NX 5010 with HST transmission. I found out from my dealer (post purchase) that there has been an ongoing problem with the electronics used in Kioti's NX line pretty much since it's introduction. The NX model uses electronics to control the transmission vs mechanical controls found in other models such as the DK series. Some owners are reporting a violent surge in direction which could be potentially dangerous. Imagine a helper guiding you closer to a structure and as you inch your way closer the tractor suddenly surges forward and either hits the structure or worse yet crushes your helper. The surging is being corrected by a complete transmission replacement due to the labor involved in disassembling it and replacing the faulty electronic component(s). My problem is that I lose my reverse function which is due to the failure of one of several external electronic control modules. Since it happens sporadically and miraculously works properly when being checked out by the dealership they don't know which part(s) to fix/replace. I'm guessing that these issues are part of the reason that Kioti is providing a 6 year warranty now opposed to the previous 2 year warranty. Consider a different model or even a different manufacturer when shopping for a tractor.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts