Tractor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kioti DS4110 worst tractor in the world

Rockingham New Holland tractor service and sales:
I am writing this detailed description of my purchase and problems with this Kioti DS4110 tractor, in order to give the manufacturer and dealer an opportunity to understand my emotional pain and financial loss regarding the unending problems with the tractor. TO SUMMARIZE THE ITEMS THAT HAVE FAILED: STARTER, BATTERY CONNECTIONS, POWER STEERING, LOADER TOGGLE SWITCH SEVERAL TIMES, LOADER POSITION INDICATOR ROD SEVERAL TIMES, CLUTCH, POSITIVE TRACTION FOOT PETAL STICKING, 4WD SHIFTER STUCK, LOW/HIGH RANGE SHIFTER STUCK, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE WILL NOT ENGAGE.

I am researching the Federal "Lemon Laws" and considering legal as well as social media options to come to a fair settlement. My wife majors in computers and business and we have created a video for posting on u-tube to help any other prospective buyers or current owners. I can send it to you if you want. But I am a devoted Christian and my hopes and prayers are that both the dealer and the manufacturer will be empathetic and feel my pain and loss and we can come to a solution benefiting all of us.

MY EXPERIENCE:
Now since my ability to properly operate a manual operated tractor has been questioned, let me remove those doubts early. I am a retired Senior Nuclear Maintenance Planner with over 43 years of hands on experience in the Nuclear Maintenance industry. And I have completed 11 years of Certified Apprentice School training with the highest grades and evaluations, both as a State Certified Piping Designer and a First Class Nuclear Mechanic, Supervisor and Planner. I have refueled nuclear reactors and overhauled and operated every type of complex nuclear equipment. I have owned at least 8 vehicles and 4 tractors with manual transmissions and driven them several hundred thousand miles.

My records indicate I paid $21,060 cash for the tractor with check number 442 on 07/12/13. That price did include a Land Pride bush hog. My wife and I did discuss at length the needs we have for a tractor, the use we intended, and the steep and rugged topography of our 21 acres of land and our yard. We also explained that we were hoping to keep the cost around $20,000. The tractor was to be used to mow our very steep yard and spread gravel on our 609' long and steep driveway. And we asked for his recommendation. The salesman was beneficial in explaining to us that we did not need a sub compact tractor and he recommended this 41 HP 4wd tractor to us. He explained that he could have one shipped up from Waynesboro. He may have mentioned a hydrostatic tractor, but we were assured this DS model would also be adequate if I knew how to drive a manual transmission. The first two vehicles I owned for 11 years had manual transmissions and I have driven many manual transmission vehicles, motorcycles and heavy equipment since them and am an excellent driver of manual drive equipment.
As of this date, 10/16/16, the tractor has about 360 hours on it. All service has been completed on schedule by ROCKINGHAM New Holland, to ensure the warranty would be valid.

STARTING PROBLEMS:
Shortly after the delivery of the tractor, we experienced daily problems starting the tractor. And, during or after heavy rain, we also had problems driving the tractor up the slightly sloped driveway from the barn, which had no electricity. It was so bad, that we would try to leave the tractor on higher ground or close to a receptacle where I could jump start it. Numerous times, I had to remove the tractor grill to jump the battery. It appeared that the starter had a bad spot on it and eventually disabled the tractor. ROCKINGHAM New Holland soon replaced the starter under warranty. But the starting problems continued to some degree and I often had to remove the grill to jump and start the tractor. Although the battery lugs and terminals did not show any obvious external signs of corrosion, I removed the lugs and found some serious corrosion and pitting. I cleaned them and the problems ceased for a while but then began again. Finally, I removed and cleaned them again and this time I applied some battery terminal protector sold by Advance and the problem ceased. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS ON ALL IMPORT TRACTORS.

STEERING PROBLEMS:
I believe it was just before the 100 hour service appointment that the steering broke. It suddenly became necessary to continue to turn the steering wheel just to keep the tires turned in the proper direction. This problem was repaired during the scheduled maintenance checkup.

LOADER TOGGLE CONTROL PROBLEMS:
Not long after I began to use the tractor, the loader toggle control ceased to operate. I removed the rubber boot cover and found loose screws and loose lock nuts. I tightened them and torqued them very tight. But these screws and nuts continue to loosen and often fall off in the boot. They fell off twice this past week. It is a poor design. The threaded fits are too loose. New screws and nuts should be installed and the threads should have Loctite or a suitable thread glue installed. These screws and nuts have become loose many times during my two years of operating the tractor.

LOADER POSITION INDICATOR ROD PROBLEMS:
This rod is attached to the loader bucket and the loader frame. Shortly after I began to use the tractor it came loose. And I reinstalled and tightened it. This rod came loose at least a dozen times regardless of how much I tightened it. I even have pipe wrench marks on it. Finally it got bent when it came loose during my work, and I removed it completely. THIS ITEM ALSO IS A POOR DESIGN, BUT WOULD PERFORM BETTER WITH LOCTITE APPLIED TO THE THREADS.

PROBLEMS WITH THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE:
I do not remember when the four wheel drive shifter stopped working. My maintenance man Morris Sellers told me a while back that he could not get the tractor out of four wheel drive. And since I never operate the tractor on paved roads or concrete, I did not challenge him on this. But latter when I did try to move the shifter, I could not move it up or down. It still cannot be moved.

PROBLEMS WITH THE LOW/HIGH RANGE SHIFTER:
I seldom ever operate the tractor at a speed where I need to use high range, and have never operated the tractor faster than high range first gear. I have never operated the tractor in high range with any load. But sometimes when I am in a hurry to travel up or down my 600' driveway, I will use this high range in first gear. I have noticed that after I have worked a few hours on the tractor that it becomes increasingly difficult to shift into or out of high range. And a few times it was so difficult, that I just gave up and drove the tractor in low gear. Yesterday, I could no longer move the shifter when the tractor was running or not running or hot or cold. IT IS BROKE. Once again, it was a poor design that never worked well.

PROBLEMS WITH THE WET BRAKES:
I admit, I have never seen a wet brake on a tractor. But, shortly after we purchased this tractor, I would try to back up the lawn with the bush hog on the tractor to mow the grass. Now, this lawn is sloped about 30 degrees. So, when I got to the top, I would quickly depress the clutch and then I would quickly depress the brakes. It was not long before it required more and more pressure on the brakes. Soon, the tractor would drift 10 or 15 feet down the lawn with all my weight on the brake. So, this tractor became unsafe to use for the job it was purchased for.
I went out and purchased a used 21hp HYDROSTATIC Kubota that had been "retired" from a rental store. I had ROCKINGHAM New Holland service this tractor for $864.68 on 04/30/15. Because I needed a tractor to mow the grass that the Kioti was not safe to mow. I spent over $8,000 on this tractor.

THE CLUTCH FAILED AT 309 HOURS on or about 04/18/15 about 21 months after the purchase of the tractor.

I have explained earlier that this clutch failed all at once, but I was in the middle of a very expensive project and had rented a 4wd back hoe and I continued to use the lame tractor for a few hours to go up and down my driveway a few times. I am sure thus shredded the clutch. I had to rent a skid steer track loader to finish the fine work on my driveway. We have renters every weekend and must restore the driveway. Although this tractor was supposed to have a 4 year warranty on the drive train, I was forced to pay $2,529.37 with check number 2306 on 07/02/15. It was several weeks after the failure before the tractor was repaired and then at least two weeks before I received a bill. I remember calling and explaining I had not received the bill.

THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE QUIT WORKING ON 10/14/15
I was simply using the tractor to scoop up loaders full of soft top soil that I had previously dug up with a backhoe a month earlier. I was transporting these loader of soil about 600' down my driveway and spreading them over the edge of the lawn at the driveway. And the front wheel quit turning. My hearing is not too good, so I don't know if it was making any noise or not on this rough gravel driveway.

OTHER PARTS AND PIECES:
Now, I don't know where to start on the other little parts that keep shaking loose or coming off. Just yesterday I noticed that a "C" ring for the loader was missing and the adjacent bolt was loose. I heard metal clanking and went to investigate. The grill screws kept vibrating out and finally I replaced them with wire ties. The bush hog in the back was very loose when I received the tractor and some linkage fell lose.

In summary, I love working outdoors and working with a tractor. But, I hate having the tractor to break every week I try to use it. Just in three days this past week, the bolt got loose on the loader, the "C" ring fell off, the toggle bolt nut fell off, the toggle flat head screw came out, the shifter from high to low quit moving and the 4 wd quit. We are talking about a tractor of which is expected to last 4,000 hours and everything is broke at 360 hours.
You may try to say I am too rough on it, but I have witnesses that will swear I am not too rough and that I am definitely over experienced and qualified to managed a tractor. I will give you their contact information if you want.

THIS TRACTOR IS OF POOR DESIGN AND IS VERY SIMPLY PUT A "LEMON" and is definitely not the tractor I or anyone else working on a hillside should have been sold.
Every time it breaks, I have to either rent other equipment, buy other equipment or pay to have work done at my lodge. I have spent $8,000 on another tractor to mow the grass and I have spent over $4,000 on rental equipment and over $1,000 on paying others to mow since this tractor started breaking. My lodge is a short term rental that sleeps up to 28 and rents EVERY weekend. We have received 18 Five Star Reviews in a row. And we got those by being professional and taking great care of our guests.

I am beseeching your empathy.,let's settle this like fair and honest people. I might could use a better designed Kioti tractor. But, I don't feel the warranty was honored on this one. Honestly, I would rather have a Kubota. But that may not be an option. I like for my time on the tractor to be constructive, not frustrating.
Please share this email with the owner and the manufacturer and let's see what we can do as friends to end this nightmare.
I don't think you want me to g to social media and post the story and video of this tractor and I don't want to do that to you all either.
I can send you the video if you want. But, you have the tractor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a new RX7620 ROPS which is strangekly discontinued in the US. I owned a Kioti DS5010 before and except small issues was very happy. Just 20 hours in and the tractor had trouble starting which turned out to be a shuttle switch failure - the dealer did a temporary job till I get new part put in; then I noticed the 3PL is not going up or down in increments diesn't even lift off the ground with a 6ft slasher till 6 on the lever and as soon as you take it to 7 it is all the way up! Try 5 and it is all the way down. Today on 37 hours I wen to push some cut tree logs and the bucket won't close as it has bent! I had enless trouble with a Mahindra 80- series but one thing about its bucket and mechanics was built like a bulldozer.I didn't even do half the job I did with the Mahindra. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Kioti CK35 around two years ago and have had many ongoing problems. The worst by far is continual hydraulic oil leaks. Almost every connection with the FEL has leaked at some point - obviously not put together very well at the dealer. The 4in1 function on the bucket is also very temperamental - some days it works fine others it won't work at all. The controller has been replaced twice but the problem still exists.

The biggest problem are the two major leaks underneath the HST transmission. Loses around 2L of oil a week at the moment. The dealer said it was not covered by warranty and quoted almost $4,000 to repair it! Needless to say I walked out of the shop.

Also had numerous problems with large areas of paint flaking off the chassis and body almost right from day 1. They must have some serious problems with paint application in the factory.

The HST pedal also sticks down all the time, so when you take your foot off the pedal it keeps running forward until you push down on the reverse end of the pedal. The dealer has 'fixed' this three times but the problem is still there.

On paper it is a great machine but all these niggling problems and poor backup by the dealer (southern Australia) plus the huge problem with the hydraulic oil leak means I'll never buy another one and wouldn't recommend Kioti to anyone.
Hi Kioti Sufferer,

I'm in South Australia contemplating a Kioti. Which dealership did you use?
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kioti CK3510

For those who own Kioti or have owned Kioti's, after using them, what are your thoughts on their reliability and longevity.
I purchased mine from Michigan Iron & Equipment with FEL and backhoe. I used it for moving snow piles and clearing my forest for a pole barn. So far I love it. I had two very minor issues. One grease fitting was missing & one defective on FEL. I've been using backhoe to pull stumps. Works great, the backhoe controls seem a hair touchy but since I have no experience with BH it could be just me.
I bought the Kioti as my brother has a 2009 Bobcat-Kioti 30hp and he loves his. His uses the same Donaldson air cleaner housing and same filter but his came with an inner filter which is optional on the CK3510. I determined the Donaldson inner part would work. I ordered two from ebay, $10 each shipped!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121403343054?
I recommend Bob at MI Iron & Equipment, delivered my Kioti and always answers any questions I have. A good guy to buy from.
Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
better now update at bottom

I have a Kioti ck35 HST with bucket and backhoe had problems right out of the box with hydraulic leaks on hose connections mainly the fault of the assembly guy at dealer.

I was out the cost of 7 gallons of fluid to get it to move so I could take it to the dealer.

I am not impressed with the power of the bucket kind of weak for its size as far as its ability to roll back and lift. I had a smaller backhoe that i traded in a 24 hp it lifted the things I usually lift with bucket just fine this grunts and moves very slow but if you finesse it it will eventsally get it lifted.

Backhoe power is fine for its size .

I also have the Sc2410 with SM2410 mower deck only no other attachments it has barely 100 hours but has been problematic. I will pick it up at dealer tomorrow for the 2nd time all deck bearings have failed which was full of grease I KNOW BECAUSE I DROPPED IT OFF IN THE MORNING at 7:30 am and I SAW THEM DISASSEMBLE THE BEARING SPINDLES I CAME BACK AT 2 IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED. WAS NOT this time i ran it on their deck and it started making rattling noise again I WAITED TIL 5 STILL NOT FINISHED HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER TRIP.again the cages that held bearings in proper location in bearing p were broke so the balls were randomly rolling around in the races,
I MOWED WITH IT SINCE THEN AND AFTER 3/4 OF AN ACRE IT STARTED GETTING NOISY AGAIN.I THINK IT IS FAILING AGAIN sounds like the same noise.
Currently it is under warranty but won't be before long thinking about trying to trade it for a John Deere or Kubota because there are dealers near by the nearest Kioti is 100 miles and I end up having to haul it there and back the local guys will at least pick them up. They can’t be any worse.

I had remote hydraulics added to rear on the 2410 I have a homemade dump trailer that part works great. but agiain an issue with the hoses The 2410 that had a hose for the rear remotes that rubbed against the pto shaft and failed dumped all the Hydraulic fluid again due to the assembler at dealer they always have parts or with in hours of ordering them .
They could stand to hire better help he was supposed to have installed a strap that holds the hose in place but he had just draped it under mower loose.
The tractor part of the 2410 is a nice little tractor if everything it tied in place.
The deck when within hours of new had a part fall off right after 3rd use again faults of the assembly guy.

I have no faith in the mower deck.

Since original post I had the the 3rd function remote installed at dealer it has malfunctioned stuck in up function will not release from that position, it had done that since they installed it but a quick bump on down it would quit I was trying to get the work done I was doing and we are leaving on vacation was going to haul it back down again after vacation.
But this last time it bent the cylinder on my grapple pushed grapple over center and bent the grapple mount .

I had to make of a loop hose to plug into quick connects so it can be moved without blowing pressure relief or a hose that by passed the cylinder but its still moving fluid I am currently rebuilding the grapple and having to haul it 100 miles to get dealer to attempt to correct it so far everything they have worked on has taken 3 trips to get it right as well as there has been more hydraulic leaks on backhoe hoses.
I am going to take all the hoses to a local bearing and hydraulic shop and have real quality hoses made up .
AM I HAPPY WITH MY KIOTI'S NO!
I mowed the same yard for 15 yeas with a Poulan Pro mower I got rid of it when I got this 2410 it is still in use by a friend and has original deck bearings just uses a lot of belts.
I have had better luck with mine after working through the initial dealer assembler screw ups . The deck bearings failed multiple times. I finally gave up on dealer tore deck on mower apart, my self in the beginning there is a reinforcing steel plate on bottom of the front edge of deck again this is dealer level assembler fault he did not bolt the piece on correctly and it came loose and got all tangled in the blades they replaced that piece and put new blades on . After that and many bearing failures and talking to others that was not having problems is when I tore into it myself the shafts I took to a friend and using his lathe and press they were bent not bad but you could lay them on a table and roll them and see they were bent I think from the steel piece that came off one of the first times I mowed I spent a long time spinning them with a dial indicator and marking them and using his press I got them (as humanly possible )straight and have now mowed over 100 hours with no problem . My hst 35 I finally got to talk to one of the mechanics that told me how to adjust the bucket pressure there is an allen screw on side under floor the control goes to he told me for max pressure screw it in all the way then back it out 1/4 turn I backed it out 3/4 turn cause he said If not right it could over do it bucket will roll and lift better all leaks have stopped I am knocking on wood. I think it is a decent setup now the backhoe well its mounted with a sub frame would have been better if it bolted to back of tractor it will buck you out of the seat if you snag a root and it slips or breaks sit n on a tiny seat cushion both are being a good tractor now. The so Il dealer told me they had no way of checking for a bent shaft after I confronted them I pointed to his desk and said it a flat surface there is all it takes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 Kioti NX6010. Do not buy one. The removable radiator screens are worthless and do not catch any debris. The tractor will overheat and the only fix is to use an air compressor to blow out the radiator. The screens are worthless (Oh, I said that already).

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Member here

Good day, I am a new member and I just bought my first "tractor" So, actually I have nothing to compare it to. However I have worked around machinery most of my life, so I know mechanical things and how they're suppose to function.
The Tractor I purchased is a Kioti ck2510 with just the front loader option. This seemed like a pretty good size tractor for the two acres that I purchased about a year ago and there is approximately 100 hours on it.
Am I happy with it? . . . . No, not really. Would I buy another? No, not really. If I ever decided to replace it, I would definitely look into another brand.
One of the things that I dislike the most is the Dealer/Service. I know this has nothing to do with the tractor, but the problems associated with the tractor are directly related to poor service.
The hydraulics on this tractor have a lot to be desired. It seems like the hydraulics are very spongy, like the fluid is aerated all the time. I can physically grab onto any component and move it several inches. For instance, if I grab onto the lip of the loader bucket, I can pull up and retract the rams at least 3/4 inches. Also the steering is very unresponsive too.
The forward/reverse treadle sticks in forward when you take your foot off from it. Which means you actually have to apply reverse in order to get the treadle into it's neutral position. I have complained to the dealer about these issues, (and a couple more) but they still persist.
However, all that being said, I feel that if these issues were addressed by a competent dealer service, this might be a decent tractor for the money.
But right now, I'm not happy.
Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I oil ghe shuttle up often and grease anything that moves shuttle does pretty god I have used several different tractors with shuttle and they all have little quirks with the shuttle

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer did a complete service on the tractor recently. I did address the issues with him, but the problems still exist. He told me that he would look into the issue with the hydraulics, but I never heard back from him.

·
Dutchy
30 Posts
Well, sounds like the ball is in your court. Call the dealer and have a technician come out and adjust the pedal for starters and show him your other issues at that time. Keep us posted. Dutchy

·
Dutchy
30 Posts
I've only logged 15 hours on my tractor but so far it has worked without issue.
When you do the first service at 50 hrs or so, don't forget to change out the fluid in the front axle, if 4x4, as it only has hydraulic fluid from the factory and should be changed to a good gear lube (75w90/75W110).

·
Super Moderator
1,229 Posts
So far no problems with mine.

·
7 Posts
Thanks Dutchy. Interesting they would opt to fill it with hydraulic fluid in the first place. I'll certainly make that switch come time for the 50 hour maintenance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer in MI recommended 10w30 hydraulic fluid for the front axle due to cold weather. If you compare specs the the 10w30 is compared to be equivalent to 75 weight but has better cold weather properties.
Ask your dealer first before you add a different fluid than the manufacturer recommends.
Regards

·
Dutchy
30 Posts
Thanks Dutchy. Interesting they would opt to fill it with hydraulic fluid in the first place. I'll certainly make that switch come time for the 50 hour maintenance.
My theory is that they install the light lube to aid with the break-in process and it flushes any metal grindings out easily at the initial lube change time. As for installing a 10w30 in the front axle out of concern in cold weather, what then should we do in the hot weather? A motorcycle specific 10W40 or 20W50 would be an Ok choice too. The gears in the front axle take a lot of abuse, what with steering, or when 4x4 is activated in snow or dirt, or carrying heavy loads in the bucket etc. So why not use a gear lube since that is the application? Use a good synthetic and change it every 500 hrs or so. I used Amsoil 75W110 and I use my Kioti CK30HST in all kinds of Canadian weather. Dutchy

21 - 40 of 93 Posts