Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who own Kioti or have owned Kioti's, after using them, what are your thoughts on their reliability and longevity.

·
302 Posts
I have had my Kioti DK 35 for around 11 years and 1650 hours .
I've been real pleased with it. Its been a good, reliable tractor for me so.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My CK20S is just a little over a year old and right at 100 hours, barely broke in.
I had one minor issue early on when a screw backed out of the loader joystick control. A drop of lock tight fixed that. Also the spade connector on the horn would vibrate off but a squeeze with some pliers solved that.
Being a small tractor does have some limits and once in a while I think I maybe should have gotten the next size up but the small footprint of the CK20 really is the right size for 95% of my operation.
It is easy and straight forward to service. My dealer so far has seemed eager and able to help me out but I haven't asked much of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking at a used Kioti

Ok, I have an opportunity to get a Kioti, and the problem it has is a bad wheel bearing. The owner says he is having trouble finding repair parts, so I'm a title concerned with that. Any tips, thoughts. I will get the model number as soon as I can.

·
60 Posts
We picked a ck20 a couple of years ago and it has been good for my wife. It has the hydro tranny with loader. The loader seems a bit weak for lifting, but that is good as is safer for her. I have had kubotas, yanmar, and as far as I am concerned the yanmar 336D was the best all around tractor for size than any I have had. I now have a JD 5300 and from the start it has been a lemon. Plenty of power, but from the engine back poorly designed. Lost count of recalls and it has been opened up four times.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought a new CK20S with manual transmission about three months ago, and in those three months I have racked up 68 hours. I have used it almost everyday Mowing, dragging trees, brush cutting, digging dirt and plowing my garden. All of this is done around the house and 5 acre plot. I have helped my friends a few times also. Like one of the prior post, a few times I wished I went with the next size up, but the Kioti CK20S is one tough little tractor. I can do everything I want, but not as fast as I want. Digging dirt comes to mind. In the end, it is the right size tractor for me being small enough to mow the yard, yet strong enough to brush cut with the big boys four foot at a time. The CK20s has only 22hp, but has the gears needed to make for one strong tractor; however, it could use a mid range. Sometime low is to slow, and high is to fast. The HST model would have solved this, but I like the gears. The manual just seems to be tougher.
Mowing: I use a four foot finishing mower even though it can pull a five foot. My yard has very steep grades and the four foot seems safer. It is not about the power, but more the mower weight. I live on the side of a mountain. The CK20S weighs in with the loader around 2700lbs which is about all you want on your yard.
Loader: I can't praise the loader enough. I have dug and lifted, and dug and lifted. I grease it regular and it has held up well.
Plowing: I used a 16 inch turning plow even though it is to big. The tractor can pull it, but cannot lift it high enough to travel down the road. A 12 inch turning plow would be better.
Dealer: My dealer seems to be great. The tractor has not given me any problems. I completed my 50 hour service using factory filters. The filters are a little expensive but well made.
I researched almost all the major brands of tractors in this size food print, and by far this is the best bang for the buck. Well built tractor, good warranty, and good price. I grew up "green", but have turned "orange".

·
11 Posts
Happy With Our Kioti CS2610

Hi all

We recently bought a Kioti CS2610 (the same as the CS2410 in the US). It has less that 25 hours on the clock and we are very happy with it. Ours has a FEL, MMM and a 4 foot slasher on the back for the rough stuff.

We have both found it more useful than expected and is being used in preference to our 1960's David Brown 990 (with 5 foot slasher and front grader blade). Compared to the DB 990, it is much more maneuverable, very easy to drive and with the ability to lift/carry with the FEL, leaves the DB for dead.

We find the 4 wheel drive very useful as some parts of our place are quite steep. It will safely go places you would never think of taking the 990.

There are a couple of issues that we have come across. The MMM lift mechanism is operated from the 3PL - like many tractors in this class. We want to use the slasher and MMM without having to take the slasher off every time we use the MMM. A MMM independent lift would be great, but I have not found any one selling it in Australia.

The other thing that annoys us is that the 3PL (with the slasher attached as a counter weight for the FEL) quickly sags and you have to keep lifting the 3PL while using the FEL. This occurs even with the 3PL decent rate fully locked off.

Overall, it appears to be a good little tractor for the price.

Jayne
:aussie:

·
302 Posts
I will give an updated review since its been a couple years since my last reply.
I have owned had my 2001 Kioti DK 35 for 13 years now and 1855 hours so far.
It has been an excellent tractor. Never any problems.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same machine again.

·
Spoke -n- a broken wheel
106 Posts
Ok, I have an opportunity to get a Kioti, and the problem it has is a bad wheel bearing. The owner says he is having trouble finding repair parts, so I'm a title concerned with that. Any tips, thoughts. I will get the model number as soon as I can.
Strange indeed. Their NA HQ's is here in NC and parts are plenty available throughout the US. Wonder why he says he is having issues. Has he tried calling them direct because it may be a dealer issue rather than a Kioti issue.

I was looking hard at a Kioti and may have bought one but I did not get that good vibe at the dealer. Not the tractor mind you...........just my local dealer was just, well, maybe a personality thing between me and him.

I ended up with a New Holland Workmaster and am very happy. But everyone I know and spoke to that have a Kioti love them.

·
302 Posts
Strange indeed. Their NA HQ's is here in NC and parts are plenty available throughout the US. Wonder why he says he is having issues. Has he tried calling them direct because it may be a dealer issue rather than a Kioti issue.
He never gave a model to look the part # up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had a CK30 with hydro xmsn for 4 years and it has 300 trouble free hours on it. Used mainly for mowing and light front loader work but also to drag trees/large limbs that I've cut. Love it! I chose it over the Kubota mainly because its a bit larger, framewise, and just seemed to suit me best.

·
Scott
7 Posts
I bought a used 98 model lk3054. You would not believe the hours on it. Over 10,100! some of the hours are mine. The loader cylinders have started leaking a little, but what do you expect? The loader model is kl128. It is old and a little weaker than the newer ones. But the tractor is still strong. I would buy another kioti.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Glad to read this thread!! I have a CK30 down in the final running of my 2 contending tractors....Just need to pull the trigger on one or the other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
not real satisfied

I have a Kioti ck35 HST with bucket and backhoe had problems right out of the box with hydraulic leaks on hose connections mainly the fault of the assembly guy at dealer.

I was out the cost of 7 gallons of fluid to get it to move so I could take it to the dealer.

I am not impressed with the power of the bucket kind of weak for its size as far as its ability to roll back and lift. I had a smaller backhoe that i traded in a 24 hp it lifted the things I usually lift with bucket just fine this grunts and moves very slow but if you finesse it it will eventsally get it lifted.

Backhoe power is fine for its size .

I also have the Sc2410 with SM2410 mower deck only no other attachments it has barely 100 hours but has been problematic. I will pick it up at dealer tomorrow for the 2nd time all deck bearings have failed which was full of grease I KNOW BECAUSE I DROPPED IT OFF IN THE MORNING at 7:30 am and I SAW THEM DISASSEMBLE THE BEARING SPINDLES I CAME BACK AT 2 IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED. WAS NOT this time i ran it on their deck and it started making rattling noise again I WAITED TIL 5 STILL NOT FINISHED HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER TRIP.again the cages that held bearings in proper location in bearing p were broke so the balls were randomly rolling around in the races,
I MOWED WITH IT SINCE THEN AND AFTER 3/4 OF AN ACRE IT STARTED GETTING NOISY AGAIN.I THINK IT IS FAILING AGAIN sounds like the same noise.
Currently it is under warranty but won't be before long thinking about trying to trade it for a John Deere or Kubota because there are dealers near by the nearest Kioti is 100 miles and I end up having to haul it there and back the local guys will at least pick them up. They can’t be any worse.

I had remote hydraulics added to rear on the 2410 I have a homemade dump trailer that part works great. but agiain an issue with the hoses The 2410 that had a hose for the rear remotes that rubbed against the pto shaft and failed dumped all the Hydraulic fluid again due to the assembler at dealer they always have parts or with in hours of ordering them .
They could stand to hire better help he was supposed to have installed a strap that holds the hose in place but he had just draped it under mower loose.
The tractor part of the 2410 is a nice little tractor if everything it tied in place.
The deck when within hours of new had a part fall off right after 3rd use again faults of the assembly guy.

I have no faith in the mower deck.

Since original post I had the the 3rd function remote installed at dealer it has malfunctioned stuck in up function will not release from that position, it had done that since they installed it but a quick bump on down it would quit I was trying to get the work done I was doing and we are leaving on vacation was going to haul it back down again after vacation.
But this last time it bent the cylinder on my grapple pushed grapple over center and bent the grapple mount .

I had to make of a loop hose to plug into quick connects so it can be moved without blowing pressure relief or a hose that by passed the cylinder but its still moving fluid I am currently rebuilding the grapple and having to haul it 100 miles to get dealer to attempt to correct it so far everything they have worked on has taken 3 trips to get it right as well as there has been more hydraulic leaks on backhoe hoses.
I am going to take all the hoses to a local bearing and hydraulic shop and have real quality hoses made up .
AM I HAPPY WITH MY KIOTI'S NO!
I mowed the same yard for 15 yeas with a Poulan Pro mower I got rid of it when I got this 2410 it is still in use by a friend and has original deck bearings just uses a lot of belts.

·
11 Posts
Hi All

This is an update to my original comments back in April 14

Overall we are still happy with our CS2610 (US CS2410). We have about 135 hours on the clock now and have discovering some of its idiosyncrasies.

I find that in H range it is a little underpowered on steep hills and we have almost stalled it a couple of times, in L range it seems fine.

The FEL seems OK, though I did have the supplier adjust the Pressure Relief valve mounted on the loader boom. We found that under some combinations of Boom Up and Bucket Dump, there were limitations on the Boom/Bucket operation. After the pressure adjustment all is OK. While on the Bucket. I would like it a little deeper and higher; 3 or 4 inches would make a huge difference to the amount of wood or soil I could fit in it.

The problem we had with the slasher "sagging" (see previous post) turned out to be the size of slasher. When we bought the tractor, the dealer called the importer to see if the 4 foot would be OK. Based on their recommendation, we bought the 4 foot slasher over the 3 foot one. As it turned the 4 foot one was just too heavy. I did a deal with the dealer to swap to the smaller slasher with a cash rebate.

We bought the SB2410 backhoe earlier this year. We have ended up using it a lot more that expected, but we find that the bucket curl is a bit underpowered and you cannot always curl it inwards while digging. I thought it would be a little more powerful in that area; a larger diameter bucket ram would be good, though it would then move slower and may overload the bucket's mechanics. On the other hand the backhoe mechanics will drag the tractor along the ground even with the stabilizer arms down.

One thing to be wary of is that when you have the backhoe, the mounting frame that Kioti provides to hold the hoe moves the 3PL mounting point backwards. They provide a new set of lift arms to compensate, but when I put the pasture rake on, the top link came up so high that it has bent the body work behind the seat. The new 'lift arms' will have to have new holes drilled for the lift linkages so that they do not lift as high - I will take this up with the dealer.

Another minor point with the Backhoe: Kioti replaces the original seat with one that swivels forward or back depending on whether you are driving foreword or using the backhoe - my gripe is that it is awkward to swivel (you have to lift the seat and then swivel it) and then lock it in position using a lynch pin - a sliding catch would be much better.

So are we happy with our CS2610. Yes we are, even with the issues above. When we bought it, we realized it was not a high powered top end machine and that there would be limitations.

Jayne

·
302 Posts
I now have around 1950 hours on my 2001 Kioti DK 35.
No problems. Been an excellent tractor for me so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CK35 - ongoing problems

I bought a Kioti CK35 around two years ago and have had many ongoing problems. The worst by far is continual hydraulic oil leaks. Almost every connection with the FEL has leaked at some point - obviously not put together very well at the dealer. The 4in1 function on the bucket is also very temperamental - some days it works fine others it won't work at all. The controller has been replaced twice but the problem still exists.

The biggest problem are the two major leaks underneath the HST transmission. Loses around 2L of oil a week at the moment. The dealer said it was not covered by warranty and quoted almost $4,000 to repair it! Needless to say I walked out of the shop.

Also had numerous problems with large areas of paint flaking off the chassis and body almost right from day 1. They must have some serious problems with paint application in the factory.

The HST pedal also sticks down all the time, so when you take your foot off the pedal it keeps running forward until you push down on the reverse end of the pedal. The dealer has 'fixed' this three times but the problem is still there.

On paper it is a great machine but all these niggling problems and poor backup by the dealer (southern Australia) plus the huge problem with the hydraulic oil leak means I'll never buy another one and wouldn't recommend Kioti to anyone.

·
3 Posts
My CK20S is just a little over a year old and right at 100 hours, barely broke in.
I had one minor issue early on when a screw backed out of the loader joystick control. A drop of lock tight fixed that. Also the spade connector on the horn would vibrate off but a squeeze with some pliers solved that.
Being a small tractor does have some limits and once in a while I think I maybe should have gotten the next size up but the small footprint of the CK20 really is the right size for 95% of my operation.
It is easy and straight forward to service. My dealer so far has seemed eager and able to help me out but I haven't asked much of them.
Mine's a 2009 CK20HST w/Kioti FEL & Kioti b'hoe - I agree with everything that 'Larry in OK' said except for the 'problems' mentioned - mine has more hours on it with absolutely ZERO issues - a great little tractor that gets in where my bigger ones won't :D

Reactions: sixbales
1 - 20 of 93 Posts