• I purchased the tractor with belly mower, front-end loader, and a brush hog (separately) April. I was looking for a single unit to do yard mowing, pasture mowing, general dirt/load moving, & landscape work. We live in western Washington and have 6 acres, of which app. 2 are yard/pasture and the remainder timberland of various ages and conditions. I wanted the machine to be powerful enough to handle everything from brush-hogging to running chippers & log splitters, yet compact enough to maneuver within tight spaces.
    I love this machine! As advertised, it is a true tractor, just in a compact frame. I grew up on a cotton farm in west Texas where big rigs rule (think JD 4460 and up), so I had a hard time thinking of something this size as more than a lawn tractor on steroids. The machine has great torque and handles anything I've asked of it, from spreading 10 yards of gravel, 20 yards of wet top soil, mowing extremely rough yard/pastures and more. So far I've encountered only two issues:

    1- Brush hog use: because of the lower ground clearance due to wheel size, attaching a "normal" size brush hog requires shortening of the drive shaft. Measure the length carefully in order to maximize the amount of length of shaft within the telescoping assembly while still allowing enough play to attach/detach the implement. Also, check the shaft clearances carefully when the mowing deck is all the way up or down. I've already shredded the protective sleeve covering the u-joint where the driveshaft mates with the PTO.

    2- Weight distribution: While the machine has ample power/torque for its' size, it lacks the weight of a larger unit. I was reminded of this while moving wet, heavy topsoil on rough terrain. Even with the bucket lowered close to the ground while moving, the tractor was light enough in the back to cause traction to be a problem. I have liquid in the rear tires, but still had to use 4 wheel drive to keep from spinning out. I've found that attaching weights onto the drawbar makes a significant difference. I have several heavy steel splices used to join rails together on logging rail-roads. Each weigh app. 75 pounds. I've bolted 1 to 2 onto the drawbar for ballast, and that helps a lot.

    I short, I'm very happy with the tractor as it has met my every expectation, and am happy to answer any questions if I can.

    Gary

User Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!