Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually drive within a 75 mile radius of my home everyday,and i notice what type of mowers and tractors are used.The most common are Murry,followed by either Snapper or John Deere.Anything else is a rarity,including my own 2 brands.I have never seen a Cub Cadet or a White being used,and the only Simplicity I have ever seen has been in pictures.
What brands are the most common in your area?

·
Registered
664 Posts
What's the cheap $h!t WallyWorld sells? That's #1. The rest is a mixture of Deere, Cub, Sears & Husqvarna.

Angel

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Murray , Snapper , MTD YardMachines , Craftsman , Cub , JD , Gravely , Simplicity. In that order just like Angel said the cheapest stuff gets sold the most.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
In town I see mostly push mowers, Home Depot Deeres, and the Commercial guys with their ZTR's and walk-behinds. On the way to my property on the old blacktops I see a lot of Green, although someone on my road has a silver Craftsman rider.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Its a mix in my area, Lots of Deeres, a Craftsman or 2, a Stanley, A couple MTDs and a clapped out Cub Cadet that has sat in one neighbors front yard for the last 6 years.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
A pretty big mix here. We have two dealers in the aera, a MF dealer that sells MF's, and Ingersoll's, and a JD dealer. So we see a bit of all of those. LOTS of the Scotts,Sabor, LD L models. Probably becouse of the JD dealer, AND a HD 20min away. We are in a farly small town, and a lot of houses have a fair bit of land, so there is a lot of compact tractors also. And of corse we have all the MTD brands. Store brands etc.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
in my neighborhood.. mostly Deere L's, and sears.. and my simplicity..
around town.. pretty much the same.. mostly sears and deeres.. (non L's for the bigger yards) weve got a cub dealer close by so we see a smattering of cubs... if i had to guess:
1. sears
2. Deeres
3. murry/MTD
4. cubs

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
The most common is Cub followed by Craftsman then Deere, with a little of everything else after that. We used to have 2 Cub dealers nearby, but one closed. Have a very good Deere dealer nearby. I get to see some old stuff too, like Power Kings, Cub LoBoys, real Bolens, and odd stuff like Hondas, and Yamahas (the 2 Yamahas I have seen sure are quiet machines, don't know why they are not available any more)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Around here I'd say Craftsman, then JD, then Husqvarna, then the MTD brands. Rare to see Cub, rarer to see MF, Simplicity doesn't exist here. There's one New Holland with a contractor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts