Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the same bull from the front

Attachments

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Wingnut , thats awesom , there`s gotta be more to the story.
And the sighn , whats that ??

·
Registered
497 Posts
What an awesome find Wingnut.....give us details

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He lives 11 miles from me. He got the tractor bug back in the 1940's he now 80 sharp has a whip and one of the nices guys you would ever meet. I was going to stay for 30 minutes ended up being 4 hours.

He started for under $20 back then. The poor guy has 350 tractors and 150 hit and miss engines.

He love to trade for parts and will sell parts.

The Bull is a Bull Tractor 1911 only 25 were made and he know of 5 that run.

His front yard Fordson Roller

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Amazing...I might need to come out and check out his engines...
Is he planning to sell any of his engines....might be a fun time to take lots of good pics!!! how far are you from Hammond, LA -- zip code 70403?

Andy

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Your friend should show his tractor on "Classic Tractor" on RFD TV. Sounds like it would make a very interesting piece! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hammond La is 480-510 miles away

1919 Mougal (Never been in field) only showroom

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a hidden Agenda

I want to get this from before I will give you his address

It 1919 Harly Davidson

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Wow! Looks like a lunar landing of all thingy rare and rusty!!!
Show me his engines! I want about 10-20 of them if he wants to get rid of em! :D

Andy

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Engine by request

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John Deere

Stationary motor?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Wingnut , I think I know this Guy , purty sure he`s my uncle,
I would go crazy there , I see why you were there so long.
More More

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
How much for all of the antique signs in that barn too? MAN O MAN, i wish this was my Grandpa! :D ---- Send them all to me and I will post them all in a special page, wingnut...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice engine pics :thumbsup: Those cast wheels by the JD engines look like the Texas cast fronts you could get for the JD 2 cylinders. Worth a few bucks they are :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Originally posted by Wingnut

The Bull is a Bull Tractor 1911 only 25 were made and he know of 5 that run.

Excellent find.. Around 1915 - 17 massey harris started to import them in from canada.. 25hp bull

·
Premium Member
4,166 Posts
When I was a kid (1960s) there was an elderly gentleman that lived a mile from my family's house, that had a couple of old cars that he would drive in the nearby town's July 4th parades and other special ocassions. One was a Stutz Bearcat and the other was a 1909 Buick and both were absolutely in MINT condition. When he passed away, and other folks entered the barn where these were kept, there was a SECOND Stutz there still in the crate, plus several old cars and motorcycles that no one knew he owned. All I can say is thank God for these guys that preserve bits of our machine heritage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Collector

Yes Joe, I'm with you, these people are invaluable. Wouldn't you love to just walk around the yard, Like being at a museum. A restorer's dream.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's a Bull that a guy down the road from me own's. I think he has about 100 or so of the smaller type tractors. Most of what he has, are the big ol tractors like Flower City, Rumely,Avery and the likes.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome George :friends: Thats a better picture you can see the whole thing. If you have anymore pictures of any of the others or any of your own post them to.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts