Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just asking, does pto work with implement? Just wanting to make sure it is working with power. If so, are you confident you have your range shifter in gear and not in neutral or between? If yes on both accounts, then it could be in the power shift.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just asking, does pto work with implement? Just wanting to make sure it is working with power. If so, are you confident you have your range shifter in gear and not in neutral or between? If yes on both accounts, then it could be in the power shift.
I Don't have anything connected to the PTO but it does start and stop turning with the clutch, I have replaced fluid and cleaned filter I have tried different gears in the range shifter and can feel it engage. I am leaning towards power shifter but don't know anything about it. Tanks

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I Don't have anything connected to the PTO but it does start and stop turning with the clutch, I have replaced fluid and cleaned filter I have tried different gears in the range shifter and can feel it engage. I am leaning towards power shifter but don't know anything about it. Tanks
PowerShift basics 101. :)

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
All hydraulic equipment works, PTO works but tractor won't move
I had one rare occurrence with the YM2610 not moving a few months after I got it. So, I loaded it up on the flat trailer and went back to Fredricks. Well, they started the machine, backed it off the trailers and all worked just fine.

Summed up possibility, the bouncing along the interstate got the machine gears or clutch packs back into the right places. Since then, it's never happened again since that one time in 2014.

You can download the parts manual from this site or the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. Look at the suction line and ensure something didn't clog it during the fluid change.

And during your fluid change did you only just J20C rated hydraulic fluid? Hy-gard or TF500A ? Or TSC Universal that says meets J20C or Farm & Fleet meets J20C with the green line saying for John Deere machines? Other brand fluids have different friction modifiers and different seal lube characteristics. The wrong fluid could cause seals to swell up and clog the system.

The OE bottles of J20C
Product Automotive tire Tread Font Tire

The store brands that meet J20C and not compatible with.

Packaging and labeling Font Personal care Liquid Cosmetics

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the JD20 Plus from Tractor Supply. This problem started before I changed the oil and cleaned the strainer. I was using the tractor at the time it quit moving. I read that there is a relief valve spring in the transmission that could have broken but I don't know where to access the valve. I also read about some power shift O-rings inside the transmission could be bad. I just don't know how to proceed for troubleshooting past the oil change and suction screen cleaning. Does this model have a relief valve and where is it located?

·
Registered
485 Posts
"If" the pto continues to turn when you have tractor in gear, clutch out, tractor not moving, then your clutch is not the problem. If pto stops when tractor is in gear, clutch out, tractor not moving, then your clutch is at fault.

Above all checks out then you need to start looking at this.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"If" the pto continues to turn when you have tractor in gear, clutch out, tractor not moving, then your clutch is not the problem. If pto stops when tractor is in gear, clutch out, tractor not moving, then your clutch is at fault.

Above all checks out then you need to start looking at this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Winston in your description are you saying I have a full time PTO? I would assume it would stop the PTO when clutch was pressed down so if it does stop then I have a clutch problem?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Winston in your description are you saying I have a full time PTO? I would assume it would stop the PTO when clutch was pressed down so if it does stop then I have a clutch problem?
No, I am not to good with words. Clutch must be in raised position for pto to engage. Don't take any chances but you need to load the pto some in order to "know" whether it is running with any power.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I misread your comment but I will have the correct answer by tomorrow when I get back to the tractor and check for sure if it is truly turning. Thanks for your help and hope we can converse again tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
No, I am not to good with words. Clutch must be in raised position for pto to engage. Don't take any chances but you need to load the pto some in order to "know" whether it is running with any power.
Winston, I found the pages in that manual on the PowerShift trouble shoot. There are 3 pages in all. Had to use PDFill to extract the images in a readable resolution. Save them for future use too. :)

Right-click and open in new browser tab. In the new tab, you can save the image in full high resolution. That's how these new forums work now.

Font Material property Document Parallel Number

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number

Font Parallel Document Number

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Winston, I found the pages in that manual on the PowerShift trouble shoot. There are 3 pages in all. Had to use PDFill to extract the images in a readable resolution. Save them for future use too. :)

Right-click and open in new browser tab. In the new tab, you can save the image in full high resolution. That's how these new forums work now.

View attachment 79504

View attachment 79505

View attachment 79506
Thanks so much and I hope I have luck tomorrow after checking a few things, Thanks to both for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I misread your comment but I will have the correct answer by tomorrow when I get back to the tractor and check for sure if it is truly turning. Thanks for your help and hope we can converse again tomorrow.
I checked the PTO with load and it works when I raise the clutch pedal and disengages when it is depressed. All implement attachments work fine but tractor still wont move. I can't find the relief valve to check the spring I have read that it is by the inside of right foot but don't see it.When I open the hydraulic fill cap it doesn't seem to have as much flow as in the past. Thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
I checked the PTO with load and it works when I raise the clutch pedal and disengages when it is depressed. All implement attachments work fine but tractor still wont move. I can't find the relief valve to check the spring I have read that it is by the inside of right foot but don't see it.When I open the hydraulic fill cap it doesn't seem to have as much flow as in the past. Thanks
A drawing of your relief valve springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would assume I need to remove and check all the springs or is there 1 in particular to look at first
Springs 9 and 15 are in the same opening. Those are the controlling springs. Also be looking for trash in there.
Springs 9 and 15 are in the same opening. Those are the controlling springs. Also be looking for trash in there.
I will pull them tomorrow if the heat lets up here in Mississippi Thanks very much

1 - 20 of 56 Posts