Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cooling line that comes out of the back of my radiator (left side) that goes to a component on the frame and then out of that component to the engine block. I provided pics... what is the name/function of the component and can I bypass it and go directly from the radiator to the block? Reason is, the nipple that the line attaches to has corroded and no longer able to seal with a hose clamp.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
hmmm

So, the hose attaches to an L-block on the side of the frame. Then the L-block to a hard line.

If you cut the L-block off, join the hose to the hard pipe, and use 2 large P-clips for heater hoses, one for hose and one for pipe, onto the frame, all would be well again.

WAIT, the images below says this is part of the DRAIN for the radiator ...

Reactions: Mark Mahoney

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I was getting an alert about my post. Did my photos load up and are they being seen?
Thank you
Just means I clicked on them and took a look. :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Font Art Parallel Diagram Drawing

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Font Material property Number Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have the complete YM336 Parts Manual. Just have not formatted it yet to upload into the MANUAL section here under CUT Tractors.

It's late in my time zone. I'll read the follow ups on Thursday. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm

So, the hose attaches to an L-block on the side of the frame. Then the L-block to a hard line.

If you cut the L-block off, join the hose to the hard pipe, and use 2 large P-clips for heater hoses, one for hose and one for pipe, onto the frame, all would be well again.
So I can bypass the L-block it seems you are saying! Thanks. What does the L-block do? or maybe better said, why not just go straight from the radiator to the block in the original design?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
So I can bypass the L-block it seems you are saying! Thanks. What does the L-block do? or maybe better said, why not just go straight from the radiator to the block?
See the images I had posted. I had to edit my posting to say ... This is the 3-way cock drain for the radiator too!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Mark, do you have any manual for the tractor?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
No bmaverick, I do not.
I'll see what I can do to get a 'cleaned' PDF copy up in the MANUALS section here in the forums. There are a dozen Yanmar manuals there right now, just not the YM336 yet. At one time, the YMGroup on Yahoo/Geocities had a whole bunch. With the new group owner/moderator, they went missing. Plus, that group is very inactive much of the time. BUT, searching their archive message boards is a wealth of info. That's how I can help folks here who visit this forum.

Sadly it seems these days, getting anything as a manual is not free anymore.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Mark, wouldn't allow me to upload here, said file to big, I sent it to your email.
OK, I'll have 2 of them to work on. :p

Is it as big as the YM2610? That one is huge.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Thank you Winston!
LOL. I thought Winston was sending it to me.

I have software now to compress PDF files when saving them. The YM336 Parts Manual was 19Mb and it was able to reduce it to just under 8Mb.

Best of all, the software is FREEEEEEEEEEE.

I have a YM2610 Parts Manual Winston had sent to me in paper format. I've scanned it, but I've been going page-by-page cleaning the diagrams and making sure each part number is readable. Once done, I'll stitch the whole thing together in PDF and then do the compression before uploading here.

I've recently found a Yanmar parts/engine re-builder who has posted ALL the Yanmar engines ever made and what machines these engines go into. Needless to say, I've found 3 more tractors with the YMXXX market machines with the 3T80 engine. Very cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts