Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings ! If i need to give brief; here it is: I just bought new property with 11 acres. Its rough terrain but mostly just field(weed and lawn mix) and not so much tree. What i wanna do is small scale Orchard. So i don't really need big tractors. Plus that is my 2nd property and i will be there only couple days a week and i don't want to spent so much on big tractor and use only couple time a month.I also think if i get zero turn or heavy duty garden tractor i can use it around my 2 acre residency property. But i cant decide:
-if i get Z915E can it handle rough terrain?
-Is anybody has experience How is X584 on rough terrain?
-X739 is quite expensive but one of the best in class. I can buy X500 series and Z915E together and it will be same price with X739. Should i do this ? buy X500 series for Orchard work, and Z915E for mowing? My worry is if X584 and Z915E can handle rough field? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The main reason to get the x739 over a SCUT is the tighter turning radious.

Do you need the 4x4 of the x739? I would assume not if you are looking at an x584 as an alternative.

What are you planning to do with the tractor in the orchard other than mow with it?

Where are you located?

What kind of orchard?

Any reason you are stuck on Deere?

When I take my lawn tractor into the woods for whatever stupid reason, I get stuck because it gets hung up on the mower deck, not due to the lack of front drive. One complaint I've heard of with the x739 is that the mower-deck doesn't come up high enough for rough terrain. I don't know if a SCUT would offer more deck ground clearance, but I wouldn't be surprised.

·
Super Moderator
9,415 Posts
Groo has some good questions. When you harvest your orchard crop, how are you going to move the product around? A SCUT with a loader and a mower deck would be similar in price to the X739... if you go to a less expensive brand. The deere is only a couple of hundred more than the X739, but the loader would be extra.
Maybe used si the way to go.
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listin...19/2014-john-deere-1025r?ST=michigan&CTRY=usa
Check to see if these models have the quick disconnect FEL to make mowing easier.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Groo has some good questions. When you harvest your orchard crop, how are you going to move the product around? A SCUT with a loader and a mower deck would be similar in price to the X739... if you go to a less expensive brand. The deere is only a couple of hundred more than the X739, but the loader would be extra.
Maybe used si the way to go.
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listin...19/2014-john-deere-1025r?ST=michigan&CTRY=usa
Check to see if these models have the quick disconnect FEL to make mowing easier.
were I buying used, I would buy old enough to not mess with the current diesel emissions.
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listin...sale/list/manufacturer/john-deere/model/1026r

The cheapest new SCUT I would trust would probably be the Yanmar SA221. Maybe get a 3-point mower instead of the belly mower for the rougher terrain.

·
Registered
896 Posts
What do you cut your residence with? take that out there and hit is slowly.

Been thinking about this situation more; My last place was a horrible overgrown mess. I actually cut the front sheet-metal out of an old mower to hit the massive rough weeds with. It did pretty good until the blade broke on me. If the new property is anything like that, you will need a 3-point mower to do it, regardless of how bumpy it is.once you get it cut, then a belly mower will be able to do the job, but for hitting the course stuff, a finish mower will do a poor job of it. Given that only one of the proposed option has a 3 point as a possibility, do for that.

eta:
you could probably save a couple grand by getting the 2wd version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts