Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are no threads here. Well I was wondering how good is a Kubota. Are they reliable? Can they handle FEL jobs mowing and just the usual farm work?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm surprised at the lack of posts here, too.

Kubota makes a fine line of machines. Pretty comparable to the JD ZTR's, Sub Compact and Compact tractors. Kubota makes a good diesel motor, too. I chose a JD due to better ergonomics and resale value and, of course, the green paint. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
50 Posts
kubota tractors

An old logger I know bought a m6950 kubota tractor. He got it brand new in 86 I think.When he bought it he got a farmi winch with it. The last time I looked at the hours on it it said over 1000 hours on it that was back in 98 or so. My brother bought the tractor around then and ran it for a few years. He let someone borrow it to pull some logs and they tipped it over and left it running.When we got it back to the shop to do a rebuild the inside of that engine was beutiful other than the spun bearings on the crank.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Kubota's are reliable, but IMHO their ergonomics are incredibly poor. On HST machines the brakes are in front of the HST pedal - how dumb is that? And the loader joystick is high and to the right of the steering column on non-cab machines. That would leave a sore shoulder after a day of loader work.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Yeah I got a 25 year old Kubota L-185. This is a compact tractor that is a army tank and does a great job. It has a small no-name FEL and it handles my 2 and half pasture plus has carried far in excess its weight in old logs when I was tearing down my barn. Just click on the the picture below for proof.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts