Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the mac-heads on this site (all 3 of you).

Apple came out with a new iMac. The entire computer - power supply, optical drive, hard drive, speakers, etc., is housed in a 2" thick display. Like previous iMacs, it is virtually silent.

At first I was kind of disappointed in the styling, as I love my kids hinged display G4 iMac. But after watching some of the videos, it's starting to appeal to me. Too bad I don't really need a new machine.

Apple iMac

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
looks nice but to be honest.... id miss all the cables...

:furious: :furious:

my office has 2 laptops, an AS/400, 2 servers & 3 pcs, a router & 2 hubs.. 4 of the pcs share 2 monitors and keyboards... with switchboxes...

the floor looks like a science project gone arey.... cables plugs wires everywhere...

with a slew of macs like that one... it would really neaten things up...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cable management is easier said than done!

I had 2 machines on 2 different desks at home with an ethernet hub, a printer switchbox, as well a sh*tload of peripherals btween the two. I painstakingly cable-tied and routed every wire so you could hardly see them. I even used cable ties with a screwhole on the end and lagscrewed them into the bottom of the desktops (talking the furnture type desktop here).

Well, my DSL went down one time, and I had to take an ethernet cable from my router/wireless unit and put it straight to one of the machines for isolation purposes. Everything was so tight I had to cut the cable ties. Turned out the problem was on my DSL providers end. I never put everthing back. Looks like crap. :mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts