Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been spending the last couple of nights working on my bowrider. It was in storage for 2-1/2 years while I was restoring my house. Last night I fired it up in a garbage can of water after cleaning the carb bowl. At first it would not pump water and I was worried I might need a new impeller but a extra 5 gal of water in the can did the trick and it pumped strong but would not stay running or idle. I took the carb off and look at the inside of the bowl again and it had filled with crud. I think a little gum-out spray will do the trick.

It is a 1982 Chrysler 50 hp but don't laugh. It has always has been a great engine and is simple to work on. This is the last year Chrysler's were made and many parts interchange with Force engines.

I hope to get her ready for the lake this weekend, been too long since I have wetted a line.

:captain:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Glad you got it going. Makes a guy feel good when you wake up an engine that has not run in a long time.
Rodster:cheers:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Chrysler motors my uncle has one on his boat. And he has had no problem with it.
Jody

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a good cleaning of the carb with gum-out, and she purrs like a kitten.
Got to get new registration for the boat and a hitch reciver for my truck and it will be ready for the water.
Nowif it would only stop raining:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
82??? thats still a youngin

My last outboard I got rid of about 5 years ago was a 1965 Evenrude 90. That was a torkey little moster, but REALY sucked down the gas. Had a REAL nice deap sound though.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1965 Evenrude 90.

I bet that was a V-4 config. My Dad loved those engines. I liked the the tall in line 6's that Merc put out.

But nowadays, bass boats with Suzuki's would blow them all away.

I had a friend that had and old jet boat with headers and lots of chrome. Every time he went to the lake the new bass boats would give him fits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts