Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am putting work lights on my BX23s. When I tested the work light i got on the pre-run work light wires it lit up even with the key out of the ignition. The light is from Amazon and has no switch to turn it on or off.

Am I missing something obvious? Shouldn't the light not turn on until I turn the key on?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

·
Banned
749 Posts
Did it come with instructions and did you read them? Seems it should have a switch. You wouldn't want the lights on every time the key is turned on either. Go back to amazon and email the seller.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Now, I can't speak for the older tractors, but if it's newer, it should have an aux tap for lights that would be tied to the key being on or off. Should be close to your firewall. I also agree with bbirder, that you should contact seller.

Reactions: bbirder

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
A bit more clear...... The aux tap would be tied to your light switch, which should be tied to your key, so that even if your light switch is on, the lights would kill off with the key off. Now I need to "clear" 17 inches of snow! :)

Reactions: bbirder

·
Banned
749 Posts
With or without lights Chris? It's 71f here right now. All my snow melted off.
Like your correction.....still needed a switch in there between key on and light.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
I bought some lights from the John Deere dealer back when I bought the tractor, but they absolutely suck, as does the stock lights. Might as well stand out there with a candle! :rolleyes: 71 degrees..... we won't see that until late May / early June. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts