Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Are you going to sand blast it? You definitely have her down to bare bones! :thumbsup: My father used to have an old 1958 AC he restored when I was a kid. Repainted it orange and put the decal kit on it. It looked sharp.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we just rough up the old paint grind the rust and loose paint don't like to sandblast around engine trans or rearends. the primer we use seems to stick to anything it also fills in small scratches and pits

·
Registered
518 Posts
bear loks like its in pretty good shape n ready for the allis orange got cple i gottta do 2 ....ps woohoo remmbered my passwrd lol:party:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you remember it or find it on a little peice of paper in the desk drawer? just curios...lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
without sandblasting do you use a sandable primer? I've been really happy with my sandblasting results.
JimD

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a sandable primer filler all in one. its jd primer yellow stuff i have a buddy works parts there and that what he tells me. its the same stuff i used on my b

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got it back out of the corner put on final primer coat today. they changed the primer color on me its red now but seems to work the same. will give it first coat of orange tomorrow. it won't like me when its all finished and can't stay in the warm shop anymore

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks good bear post some pictures tomorrow with some paint on it.:thumbsup:
Jody

·
Registered
518 Posts
looks good bear cant wait see pik of it with orange on it when yer done pak up n head for the border i got couple need paintin lolcruisin

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got a few coats of orange on inbetween other jobs and just bolted tinwork on it tonite should have some time by thurs nite to give it the final coat then hopefully get tires and the decals on by the weekend

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well by all means take some pictures for us Please:D
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Oh yeah! The primer looks almost good enough as it is. Lookin' good! Can't wait to see the final orange paint job!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts