Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just got my father's 3pt woods backhoe hooked up to my tractor.
It was operational last time I saw it, my uncle borrowed it and broke the pump. He said he replaced the pump, but must have done something wrong because it's slow. Shortly after that he purchased a new kubota with several implements and so sat the woods backhoe.
The paint on the implement is fairly faded, would anyone be able to tell me where I can find an identification number so I can begin tracking parts down. I need some hydraulic cylinder rebuild kits and I want to check that the pump is correct, I dont believe it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I agree, check the replacement pump's size/flow. I would guess that is where the problem is, the pump is too small. He likely just picked up a cheap 3 PTO pump and slapped it in there without making sure it was correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll pull the info off the pump and check that out. Then the problem is knowing what kind of flow the backhoe needs, or is that number pretty much the same for all backhoe attachments?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'll pull the info off the pump and check that out. Then the problem is knowing what kind of flow the backhoe needs, or is that number pretty much the same for all backhoe attachments?
Max flow will be limited by the valves. Different backhoes will have different valves. The backhoe for Dad's L series kubota is is rated for too low of a flow to put on his larger Yanmar YT3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.