Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
actually argee, yes it is...

Long story... But the walker was made for me by my local welder guy...

I had a motorcycle accident in 1983, spinal cord injury.. i was totally paralyzed... I slowly and luckily got many of my leg muscles back... It was a long time.. 3.5 months in the hospital, then a wheelchair for about 6 months, then full leg braces, canadian crutches ect... but i was lucky, real lucky and was able to eventually go down to one brace, then 1/2 a brace and eventually canes and finally no canes.. (about 1.5 years total) now, 20 years later, I walk ok, but with a marked limp and have other problems but i am not paralyzed like i thought and was told endless times that i would be... so really, no complaints...

I can not run or jog or anything like that... With a shopping cart, i could sort of walk fast.. But i have poor balance so i could never think about skating...

i found a handicapped skating walker on line... it had been 20 years since i thought i could ever skate.. The skate walker place wanted something like 550$, so i got a picture and brought it to my local welder dude... 60$ and 2 weeks later, he made that walker for me and i was able to mess around on the pond... Now i am no bobby orr, never was... but it was a real milestone for me to be able to skate.....

I never really thought id be able to do it... so it was a real treat....

It was fuinny, it was the 1st time in my dogs life that i was actually able to keep up with her.. she was sort of pissed off that i could go almost as fast as her...

sj

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I changed the file name and tried to attach it but it says it is too big to attach :what101:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
actually argee, yes it is...

Long story... But the walker was made for me by my local welder guy...

I had a motorcycle accident in 1983, spinal cord injury.. i was totally paralyzed... I slowly and luckily got many of my leg muscles back... It was a long time.. 3.5 months in the hospital, then a wheelchair for about 6 months, then full leg braces, canadian crutches ect... but i was lucky, real lucky and was able to eventually go down to one brace, then 1/2 a brace and eventually canes and finally no canes.. (about 1.5 years total) now, 20 years later, I walk ok, but with a marked limp and have other problems but i am not paralyzed like i thought and was told endless times that i would be... so really, no complaints...

I can not run or jog or anything like that... With a shopping cart, i could sort of walk fast.. But i have poor balance so i could never think about skating...

i found a handicapped skating walker on line... it had been 20 years since i thought i could ever skate.. The skate walker place wanted something like 550$, so i got a picture and brought it to my local welder dude... 60$ and 2 weeks later, he made that walker for me and i was able to mess around on the pond... Now i am no bobby orr, never was... but it was a real milestone for me to be able to skate.....

I never really thought id be able to do it... so it was a real treat....

It was fuinny, it was the 1st time in my dogs life that i was actually able to keep up with her.. she was sort of pissed off that i could go almost as fast as her...

sj
Actually I thought it was some sort of ice cleaning device. Sorry I didn't mean to make fun of your disability.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I thought it was

A hockey goal for ice hockey.
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
it would make a good cleaning device.... we did consider putting a broom or something on the front of the walker to clean the ice...

no offense taken argee... not really even a disability, i was very lucky...

i really was psyched to get to try to skate again... now i want to rig a hockey stick holder....

sj

1 - 9 of 9 Posts