Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
sniknuoy49
I moved your post to a new thread.

I have some pages on the TR-10D, TRA-10D, TRA-12D, S-10D, S-12D, and S-14D from The Yard & Garden Tractor Service Manual

·
Registered
6 Posts
TRA-12D in a Generac 4Kw Generator

Found this information in my question for information about a TRA-12D. The motor manual in this thread makes a terrific companion to Generac 6256-2 manual.

This part is for the search engines. I know how hard it was to find the data. The generator was from an RV. The only thing I could readily find with an identification number was an aluminum plate.

Model: 6206-8
Watts 4000
Volts 115/230
Amps 31.8/17.1
Phase 1
Cycles 60
RPM NC2400
Generac Corp.

I got all wrapped around the axle with the model number 6206-8. I found a few other posts of people looking for exactly the same information with little luck.

When I pulled out and cleaned off the 1975 vintage dirt from electronic brain board I found a PCB number and a Generac number. I poked in searches for the Generac part number and viola! A link to the manual which by all respects is spot on the correct manual for the generator at hand. Wire diagrams, sheet metal, part numbers... the works.

Found the document here:
http://www.hallgtc.com/lit/generac_6256-2.pdf

It's 12 pages.
But just in case the www page goes poof. I will post images of the PDF pages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had some difficulty getting the PDF pages posted. I might try again if I can find time to figure it out. In the meantime, if somebody would like those docs I have a folder and electronic copies here ready to go.

In other news related to Wisconsin 10D 12D and 14D motors. I have successfully installed a Pertronix ignition module to replace the old CDI. For those of you with old tractors this might be a welcomed nugget of rejuvenation if you have a flaky ignition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts