Tractor Forum banner

Will I need bushings for this landscape rake?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  MHarryE 
#1 ·
I bought a used rake recently to help get rid of the rocks on the property. I just noticed today that the holes on the bottom are a bit bigger than the holes at the top. I was told this is a CAT1 implement and so I didn't think I would need to purchase bushings. But maybe I'm wrong.

Camera accessory Gas Bicycle part Cameras & optics Tripod

See less See more
#16 ·
As shown in the attachments, hitch dimensions are standards that were created over 70 years ago. Pins in Post #13 are drawbar hitch pins, not 3 point pins. Any farm supply store will have the proper pin sizes in bins labeled for the hitch category. The standards were set for implement interchangeability and insuring pin sizes are capable of handling the tractor size. Bushings allow using implements for smaller tractors to be used on larger tractors but realize that by using bushings a person is using an implement intended for a smaller size tractor on a higher horsepower tractor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.