Tractor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I've seen a lot of situations where deciding on 4WD use is a lot like calling the Cops..... By the time the situation deteriorates to the point where you really need it/them, it's to late for an easy out. You then realize you should have made that decision 10 minutes ago, but your ego got in the way...... Now you need some help, a good pair of mud boots, and a really big-ass chain. The only plus to that situation, over the other, is that it's much easier to explain to someone on a cell phone as to how you got to that point rather than needing the entire SWAT team with tear gas, fully automatic weapons, and a hostage negotiator;)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Drunk driving is absolutely the worst thing you can do I actually know some people. I absolutely 100% agree with you not acceptable absolutely not I’m a tell you something the people that drink drive and get caught are lucky they didn’t kill somebody else because let me tell you something. Most drunk drivers don’t get killed an accident what do they kill? they kill the people that they hit. How selfish can you be to get in a car like that and automobile every day and drive a car can you believe it that people actually do this every single day they they just don’t care. But then they have the ba**s to walk around asking where the lawyer is so they can get get bailed out. Absolutely disgusting.
But yet 18 States (and climbing), have legalized recreational pot use and Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, and Michigan have drive-through liquor stores. Makes about as much sense as the government requiring drive-through ATM's and self-serve gas pumps have braille on the entry buttons.

·
Banned
3,188 Posts
The legalized pot here locally, has already increased not only motor vehicle accidents but break in's as well. I'm quite happy the local weed outlet is on the exact opposite end of the township as we are because the crime increase has been mostly confined to over there as well as the motor vehicle accidents.

Stuff grows wild in the ditch banks here along with Asparagus which I pick. I leave the cannabis alone.

·
Registered
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910, Ford 555A, JD2210
545 Posts
Stuff grows wild in the ditch banks here along with Asparagus which I pick. I leave the cannabis alone.
Ditch weed won't hold a candle to the specialized varieties sold in stores. Replying for a friend.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not going there.... One thing is certain, it all goes up in smoke.
My Sister-In-Law and her man own the oldest Pharmacy and growing operation in Colorado Springs. It's a highly technical growing process. He has developed many strains for various results. I call him a Mad Scientist. Each plant has a registration number. All of it's daily life is recorded as well as production. They are 40 something year old multi millionaires.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Why are we getting into 1970s Woodstock….sorry but there’s no give there for me. Crazy to think of lives taken over it and now it’s legal in Libby states in name of tax revenue.

As my ole grand dad used to say….THE HELL YA SAY…and….SHIT FIRE AND SAVE THE MATCHES

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why are we getting into 1970s Woodstock….sorry but there’s no give there for me. Crazy to think of lives taken over it and now it’s legal in Libby states in name of tax revenue.

As my ole grand dad used to say….THE HELL YA SAY…and….SHIT FIRE AND SAVE THE MATCHES
Legalize and tax it. No different than alcohol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've heard that statement before I just look at those and shake my head :(
Again, depends on the driver and their understanding/abilities, both of which we know nothing about. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm staying out of this one. I have very definite views and opinions on reefer as well as alcohol, not of which none of you want to hear.
We always want to hear what you have to say Daryl.

Without spending an hour researching, I'll contend that there are more injuries and deaths caused by prescription drugs than weed and alcohol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
When you’re on seven medicines to control the side effects of the first two medicines, but still trust the science…
My SIL told me awhile back she is on 24 prescriptions. I haven't taken 24 prescriptions in my lifetime.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Without spending an hour researching, I'll contend that there are more injuries and deaths caused by prescription drugs than weed and alcohol.
not wanting to get into a political debate, but until you see dead teenagers with that distinctive froth at the mouth due to fentanyl laced marijuana ingestion, you haven’t seen the whole forest….or…..until ya get the opportunity get shot in the face by a harmless marijuana dealer do ya have a full understanding.

So legalize marijuana because it’s a naturally grown product…then go ahead and legalize cocaine and heroine because they are also.

each are entitled to opinions, but mine is there has to be a line in the sand over which you do not cross. If medicinal use…get a prescription for it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Im betting there’s more injuries caused my machines than all the above combined…also think machines and prescription drugs shouldn’t be illegal.

·
Registered
545 Posts
not wanting to get into a political debate, but until you see dead teenagers with that distinctive froth at the mouth due to fentanyl laced marijuana ingestion, you haven’t seen the whole forest….or…..until ya get the opportunity get shot in the face by a harmless marijuana dealer do ya have a full understanding.

So legalize marijuana because it’s a naturally grown product…then go ahead and legalize cocaine and heroine because they are also.

each are entitled to opinions, but mine is there has to be a line in the sand over which you do not cross. If medicinal use…get a prescription for it.
So your line in the sand is legalized MJ? And the distinctive froth at the mouth is worse because of MJ than Fentanyl? Lastly, getting shot in the face by a harmless MJ dealer is an oxymoron. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Im betting there’s more injuries caused my machines than all the above combined…also think machines and prescription drugs shouldn’t be illegal.
I don't think those two should be illegal either.

As with almost everything, prescription drugs are prevalent because of Big Pharma kick backs to MDs.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts