Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If I'm always going to be driving on dirt, would there ever be a need to not engage 4x4 traction?

Thank you.

The only other thing to look at is every so often, probably at least once a month, you need to shift it out of 4 wheel drive and into to 2 wheel drive to exercise the linkage and stuff..... Several posts on here and I have seen it several times myself that a tractor will get stuck in 4 wheel drive if it is left this way for long periods of time......It can be a bear and take some work to get them out of 4 wheel drive......

Just another angle on this question.....

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
On hard dirt or grass, it definitely turns tighter in 4x4. The chevron bars give virtually no lateral grip, so giving them drive, helps pull the front end around. The rear diff also seams to be "more open" than others, if that makes sense. It really brake turns well, but would also go double speed on the icy driveway easily too.
I have industrial type tires on the CK3510 Kioti and Ag tires on the 2655 Massey.....Both are 4wd and neither turn tighter in 4wd then in 2wd drive......Maybe Kubota has done something different that I don't know about but it has been my experience with all of the 4wd tractors that I have ever owned or operated that, unless they are articulated, they turn better in 2wd then 4wd.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts