1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Frankly, most of us can't really justify the ones we buy either. We just DO buy them, and make them work again if we can. It is almost never about practicality; it is a love of machinery, and the desire to have it work the way it was designed to work.:riding: :riding:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
congrats Bob!! You know I looked at that, and said to my self its to far away. :D :D Gusee its not huh.

Looks like a nice unit. With some work, I am sure you can get her running, and have a nice tractor. Enjoy your trip!
:)

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
The one thing I liked about the seller was he made it clear it did not run. I probably would have paid that much for an equavalent Deere, so I don't think you did too bad. Hopefully it is an electronic problem to fix the motor. They can be maddenly frustrating to track down, but almost always cheaper than a rebuild. Best of luck with it! And please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it's Home

Well just to keep people up to date. I got the tractor home this past week. It looked as good as the picture showed it. Nice paint and nice high back seat. Electric lift works and all the lights anf guages works as well.

One tire keeps going flat but tubes are cheap as I see it.

OK Go ahead and say it now, the engine is blown . He was right it turned over but won't build any compression to start when the pistons don't move. So I am in the process of either getting a short block for it or looking for another 18HP V-Twin for it.

I will keep you all posted on the outcome of it.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Sorry to hear about the motor, I was hoping it was something simple (And CHEAP) like a coil, or wiring harness problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts