Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 47 in snowblower attachment that make this horrible sound and I can not find where it is coming from. This is what I have done.

- I removed the impeller, auger and front gear box. With the rear gearbox, PTO drive belt still attached I hear this sound. I though it was the rear gearbox and got a replacement. The sound is still there. Where is this coming from? Does it sound broken?

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like a dry bushing/bearing or possibly one spinning. B.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
So, if detached from the drive, and you turn the input by hand, does it make noise or seem like it's dragging on something? Thinking it'd be easier to pinpoint without engine noise interference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
] SOLVED SOLUTION [
When I first looked at this, I recognized the idler pulley was a little crunchy nothing to bad as I have heard worse. Because of how severe the sounds was I doubted the pulley could cause that being it was bad but not that bad. The shape of the bucket amplifies sounds tremendously. The failing idler pulley was the culprit. Thanks for all your help everyone. I have attached two photos. The shinny pulley is the new one and I pointed at it if someone else might encounter this problem.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts