Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a used replacement engine for a Kaw FV540 engine. I know to watch Ebay, but could be a long time before one pops up there.

Would appreciate hearing about any online sources of guys who might trade in garden tractors and/or engines for them.

New engine costs would make our needed repairs prohibitive. So, we need to find a good used one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ours got submerged during Ivan, and it was awhile before anyone could get to it. Matter of priorities...........

Thanks for the tip

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Probably your best bet is to start sending Greg (in washington state) weekly packages of cookies and sweets and maybe a christmas present.....He always seems to come up with good serviceable stuff at his JD dealer..........:D

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Originally posted by sixchows
rbig

So it only got wet? Can't you clean out the fuel system, change oil, and check electrical system?
Back in 1979 I salvaged quite a few boats with motors after Hurricane Fredrick came ashore. I was in the process of rebuilding after the storm,. but on days when I was at a stopage due to material shortages I would often go hunting for sunk stuff. All engines I salvaged were returned to running condition with nothing more than a good cleaning, and relacement of filters and fluids after a good fresh water rise down and dryoff............Engines ranged from a small 4 1/2 hp Merc outboard to I/O equipped boats..........wound up with a total of 9 boats and or motors, none of which the owners wanted anything to do with since they were paid for by insurances..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts