Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need suggestions of who to go to in order to get a solid low quote for a compact tractor our church will be buying. I'm point man for this, and hope to substantially beat the Walmart/Home Depot/Lowes prices. We can fetch, so shipping/trans cost won't be a factor.

What we're looking for is a wide cut width (approx 54") garden or lawn tractor.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
I'm gonna ask a bunch of questions to see if I can narrow it down to whether you need a garden tractor or a lawn tractor, because lawn tractors are cheaper. How much grass is there to cut? Will this tractor need to do snow removal duty as well? How big an area? Anyother tasks needed from this machine besides grass cutting, such as airating? maintenance of athletic fields? manuvering in a cemetary?

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
I forgot to ask, will there be multiple operators of this tractor? Where will it be stored? And does the storage area have a door width to be concerned about as far as getting a 54" or 60 deck in with the discharge chute attached? Any gates to get through where width might be a problem? Fuel choice of deisel vs. gasoline?

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by rbig
need suggestions of who to go to in order to get a solid low quote for a compact tractor our church will be buying. I'm point man for this, and hope to substantially beat the Walmart/Home Depot/Lowes prices. We can fetch, so shipping/trans cost won't be a factor.

What we're looking for is a wide cut width (approx 54") garden or lawn tractor.
You started your post using the term Compact Tractor and then ended with a 54" cut garden or lawn tractor. There is a HUGE difference in ability and price between a Compact Tractor or CUT and a lawn or garden tractor LT/GT.

Below is a link to an internet sales dealer who handles John Deere and a few other lines of equipment. It should give you a good feel for pricing as opposed to the retail pricing you run into at local dealers. At the very least it will give you a price range to shoot for although there may still be some wiggle room on price.

Lawn & Leisure Online

Just click on the line of equipment that interests you and compare pricing or the various models. Hope this helps. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts