Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should know this, but I don't. Where is the AYP plant that makes craftsman L&G tractors???? In the US :usa: but where??

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I belive the AYP plant that produces the Craftsman Tractor is in Georgia. I remeber reading something about it being made in Georgia

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Sixchows The Husqvarna Are made at a different AYP plant I belive in 0ne of the Carolinas

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Argee,

Check out where your engine and trans were built. Since they make up the the most important part, if they were built in the North... your safe! LOL

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
K guys:

All I know is that my 12.5 is built by Roper and it is shipped on the same truck that delivers them to Calais Me. Then for some reason as soon as they cross the border they went from $850.00US to $2350.00 Cdn???

My question is: what does the 12.5 deluxe B&S or how does it compare to a GT series? Better yet, what is the GT series.

Forgive my ignorance on this, but I only have 3 Craftsmans L&G items - my ride-on, the tag-along cart and the grass buckets.

My real tractor is a CUB:D

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
spook

Get some help! Cubs are more adictive then crack.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spook291 asked "My question is: what does the 12.5 deluxe B&S or how does it compare to a GT series? Better yet, what is the GT series."

If I understand you question correctly. The GT series, like GT5000 or GT6000, Is the garden tractor series which are designed to use garden tilling/plowing implements. Check out Sears website for more info:

www.sears.com

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Ed_GT5000
spook291 asked "My question is: what does the 12.5 deluxe B&S or how does it compare to a GT series? Better yet, what is the GT series."

If I understand you question correctly. The GT series, like GT5000 or GT6000, Is the garden tractor series which are designed to use garden tilling/plowing implements. Check out Sears website for more info:

www.sears.com
Ed is correct the Gt is made for ground engagement and the LTs or for cutting grass only.
Jody

1 - 13 of 13 Posts