Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By this time last year it did not seem like I am in business.Not this year,busier then ever.Was going to spend the day deer hunting,instead loaded and delivered 40 cord of fire wood.At least I did not have to stack it.A dump truck is a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Thats alot of firewood. I use about 5 cord per winter and I thought that was alot. How much are you charging per cord in your area. Seem like around here they are getting between $75 and $125. I heard out near Boston, it is close to $200/cord!!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow

maybe I should ship it to you Leo. I get $40.00 a cord or $55.00 split and $10.00 to stack. All one year old or better hardwood,mostly Ash.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Wow, thats cheap to me --- Of course I get by with going through the same rack of wood for the last 10 years. I generally use Starterlogs as we have about 1-2 days of actual cold days down here in LA --- So, all of my wood gets chippered for mulch etc. :D

Andy
:pedro:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: wow

Originally posted by slipshod
maybe I should ship it to you Leo. I get $40.00 a cord or $55.00 split and $10.00 to stack. All one year old or better hardwood,mostly Ash.
Are we talking full cord or face cord?

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cords

A face cord,cut to your length ,up to 24"

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trucking

I give free delivery for a ten mile radius,$20.00 per truck load each additional ten miles or less.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats cheap

That is cheap for wood but i dont need wood for my fireplace mine is natral gas powerd:smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You would have my business. I haven't bought wood since I moved in in 1995. Still working off all the wood from clearing the 100's of trees we had.

That's a great deal!!!

Do you deliver to eastern CT??

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
if he's going up to CT, he might as well go up to boston and get 200$ a cord...
Yeah, but then he has to deal with those Boston drivers. Also, from some of the posts here, it looks like Wheely and his monkey are heading their for a weekend getaway!!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ain't running out no time soon

My firewood is maybe a bargain,I am cheaper then most of the guys that do nothing but firewood.This is second money for me,almost all of the wood I cut comes from other jobs, Lot clears,wind blowdowns,removals.The nice logs I save for my sawmill,the rest I cut for firewood. So I get paid twice.When I make lumber I keep it affordable for the barn and shed builders too!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just took my pants off and my wife screamed

Yesterday Throwing wood around,I threw a piece on the dump truck. It hit the side board and bounced back at me.Damn thing hit me right in the front of my thigh.Hurt like a son of a gun,rubbed it a little bit and went back to work.My leg stopped hurting ,I figured it was just a stinger. Well here i stand in my underwear and boy do I have a huge (here goes the medical deffinition)Sub Dermal Hemotoma.Must have broken a blood vessel under the skin. I have a black and blue down the whole back of my thigh.
It does not hurt,so I will maybe live.But my career as an underwear model for Sears And Robucks is on hold for now!:mad:#[email protected]$:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have no Idea

How hard it is to take a picture of your own thigh.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Wow

Thats a big oh bruise must have hit you hard to do that.:eek:mg: Need some sun on them white legs:smiles: is that your pet deer laying on the floor.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
he is on the wall

My foot is on my chair camera pointed up.That is the back of my leg,wood hit me in the front.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts