Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would be the best place to look for wheel weights? rear:
For a 574 International. I checked with my local tractor junk yard but they didn't have any. I have looked on the net but to no avail. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tau44

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Originally posted by parts man
Tau44, the weights from an IH 300 utility should bolt right on to your centers, if you can find any of those.
These probably won't fit but they sure would add weight quickly. Takes 3 big men and a loader to move these suckers.

:spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile :tractorsm

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Weights from a IH 300U thru Case/IH 495 should fit your wheel centers provided they're 28" wheels. 8-10 years ago they could still be bought new from C/IH dealer for $250-$300. Around here(East TN.) the old 300U weights will cost close to that, if you can find them.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome

Welcome TDK:friends:Glad to have yo aboard. Thanks for the info.
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Would like to offer my welcome as well TDK! :friends: :cheers: Never saw you log in but great to have you aboard! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by Tau44
Where would be the best place to look for wheel weights? rear:
For a 574 International. I checked with my local tractor junk yard but they didn't have any. I have looked on the net but to no avail. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tau44
I just found a BIG wheel weight that I pryed out of the ground the other day on my property. It used to be an tractor dealer's sales & salvage business. It must have weighed close to 80 - 100 lbs. It still had all of the yellow paint on it. Not sure if it is a John Deere of Intl. Got any pictures of the wheel weights you are looking for?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
TDK, welcome aboard!! From your sig line, it sounds like we will be able to get some very helpful info from you. We appreciate the reply.

BTW, a weight from a 28" wheel should also fit on a 30" wheel, the centers are the same, the 30" rims have an extra step in them to fasten to the same centers.;)

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by TDK
Thanks for the welcome. Like this forum. I'll check back from time to time.Bye
I just now noticed we are neighbors! I live around Land Between the Lakes. Bout 40 miles west of Clarksville.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah Chief, we're neighbors. Plan to be in your area next year at Red Power Round Up in Lebanon,TN. Bringing a few red tractors!
Parts Man, the idea I had was learnin' from you guys. You could be right about those 30" wheel weights. If it were me I'd drop by local C/IH & McCormick dealer. Check out the weights, if any, on their tractors & talk to parts man. It's possible they're still making these wts. & could be at or below origionals.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
TDK, I'm sure the information will flow both ways.;) It sure is nice to have another "red power" fan about!

In the bottom of the farmall forum list, you can click the link to show posts from last X days. If you click "from the beginning", you will find a lot of farmall pictures posted, if'n yer interested in browseing.:friends:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts