Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put rear chains on my TC26DA, problem is there's only about an inch between the inside tire wall & fender. Not enough space for chains to clear & so far all I can find is custom fabricated wheel spacers for $300, hard to justify for a couple months use each year. Contacted local dealer who acknowledges problem but have nothing available & on occasion also have them fabricated.
Any help greatly appreciated & a tip for other unsuspecting novices: stay away from R4 tires if planning on using in snow

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hello Coal246, welcome to the tractor forum.

Looks to me like ~ $300 is the going price for wheel spacers. Have you tried reversing the rear wheels?

" hard to justify for a couple months use each year." If you have any slopes to work on, the added width enhances stability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swapping the wheel was going to be my next step, but I'm skeptical about that resulting in enough room. You are right about the spacers widening the stance, tractor would definitely benefit from that. Guess I'm being cheap was hoping to find something ready made or another solution rather than custom fabrication
Thanks Big T

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Wheel spacers are a thing that are extraordinarily expensive. Steel ones manufactured in a production run should be like $30/pair. The cycle time for turning and drilling these things is about 1 minute. E-coating in bulk adds a few cents. The cost racks up when you need extension bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts