Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
thats a big temp range... were due for colder weather too next week. its snowing here now.. anywhere from flurries to 1-3" predicted... i wait for it to end to see how much we get.

·
674 Posts
Thats sounds alot like the weather we have had this winter. Last night I was awakened by thunder and lighting. Last year this time there was snow to plow.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
76 deg is the high for here today looks like rain is on its way.
Jody

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Today it is suppose to be in the mid 50's.But it is foggy even now at nearly noon.It has been very mild.However suppose to change next week with a high of 18 on Monday.There also talking snow.Maybe winter will set in now here in Northern Illinois.Only problem is are weather people are stupid I think.They seem to never get it right anymore.But with the screwed up weather like snow in Vegas yes Vegas snow in a desert!!!!!!I guess its not really there fault.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Rain

unseasonal weather here in western New York.It has to be around 50 out. I have not moved my first flake of snow.Even the foothills 40 miles away are all melted from total of 6 inches of snow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
weather

It's in the 50's, calling for rain. Monday they are calling for snow and high's in the 20's, pretty nice for January in nortern Indiana

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
The weather has gone plum crazy here as well. It is 69 degrees just before noon! Look on the bright side; at least the heating bills are nice and low this year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
simple_john,

How much snow do you think you would have had by now if you hadn't bought the new snow blower? If your luck is like mine, I'd say you would have been covered up by now.

coal_man

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I hear ya CM, last year when i was pushing a snowblower we had tons of snow... now that im ready weve had hardly any.. 2 storms... 1 @ 8" and 1 @ 16"

I guess im not complaining.. but it is sort of fun to play in the snow every once in a while...

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Snow? What's snow?

Let's see goes from mid to high 70s to low 40s to high 60s to high 40s to mid 70s to mid 40s --- little bit of rain, little bit of sun.. couple days of frost ---- nothing exciting....I do have pics of very light snow here in Hammond ---- almost two years to the day -- happened on 1/1/02....

Winter? Heck I still have lots of vegetables in the garden! Growing up a storm! :D

:bouncy:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
southerners!
Anit it great to live in the South.
NANA :smiles: :cheers:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
It's been unseasonably mild here. Highs have been breaking into the forties and lows stay just above freezing. We've only had about 24" of snow so far this season. Suppose to change back to winter next week, highs in the low teens and lows around zero. Lots of lake effect snow which will help the local economy when the snowmobilers head up this way and leave some money.

·
Registered
212 Posts
After no snow and temps in the 30's we're finally getting some snow and wind. Suppose to be 20 below next week. Pay no attention to the southeners. They are just as unhappy when it gets down to 50 above as we are with the 20 below. Only difference is, they don't get frost bite:)

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
nothing beats a face full of snow.

Plus we northerners get to play with our winter toys...

oh who am i kidding.. id much rather be fishing down the keys from Jan1 - April 1 than freezing my butt off up here...maine is great even in the winter.. but 20 below... Its just wrong.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
20 below is for wusses!! :lmao: Try 30-35 below! That's just nasty!
We don't get much of that, ussually 1-2 nights through the winter.
Today it's been hanging around 25 deg, supposed to snow tomorrow then turn to rain, back to around 20-25 for Sunday! Good fun!:rolleyes: It's been wrecking my sinuses!:argh: The humidity with the cold wind, ouch!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts