Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I search the net looking for Case tractors I run across Case steamers, cross motors to the standard and row crop tractors. I think how nice it would be to have a steamer or cross motor. Then I think how hard it would be transport them.

Another great invention to the tractor was the electric starter. No more hand cranking, what an invention. All my tractors have electric starters. How old is your old case tracor. Let us know if it's a had start or electric or maybe something else. Don't be bashfull.
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since no one seems to have any old Case tractors lets here what you have that you consider old. Sorry spouse's are excluded from this, but anything else is a go.
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
I have a 2000 model 4100 John Deere. and a idk what year farmall H and a idk what year case and allis G all elec start
Welcome farmallmaniac,
Well the Allis G was made from 1948-1955 so to me thats my type of tractor. I never was much for one cranking them by hand. A crank is nice when you happen to kill it and have a low battery. I haven't figured out how them oldtimers cranked them Case D's as they seem dang low to me. What model of case do you have? Can you post a picture of it. Well thanks for the post.
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Originally posted by caseman-d
Since no one seems to have any old Case tractors lets here what you have that you consider old. Sorry spouse's are excluded from this, but anything else is a go.
caseman-d
l had a Case 350 with loader bit she is got now :cry:

·
Registered
212 Posts
How about a 1948 Cat. My father-in-law used this for farm work until the 4 wheel drive tractors came out. I still use it occasionally for leveling or pushing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Old_Nodaker
How about a 1948 Cat. My father-in-law used this for farm work until the 4 wheel drive tractors came out. I still use it occasionally for leveling or pushing.
When we were on the farm we had a old D8 2U cable dozer. It had a hand crank gas pony motor that was a real wrist breaker. It wasn't bad when we had the scraper on it, but with the dozer on it was tight trying to crank it. I for get what year it was but I know dad had built and repaired lots of dams while we were on the ranch. Man that thing could push the snow :) .
caseman-d

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Re: Re: I know this is

Originally posted by caseman-d
Dang that was scary :D :lmao: :cool: :nerd: :clown: :monkey: :chicken: :)
Me too! Slippy, you gotta remember to smile for the camera. indian
That was either the "jail house stare down look" or the "oh my gosh! that fart had lumps in it look" ;) :D :cowboy: :idea: :smiles: :clown: :furious: :lmao: :spinsmile :tractorsm

Anyway, great picture! I have been thinking about growing a beard but keep chicken out after a few days. The wife doesn't like it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts