Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats in your area for Case tractors or Case equipment? Would enjoy hearing what Case tractors and equipment are in your area. Hope to here a response from you all :) :) :)
caseman-d

:spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile :tractorsm

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I don't see any old cases here only old JDs and farmalls. The only case i see are fairly new backhoes and dozer's. Thats why i enjoy looking at yours so much cause i never see them.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
old steam case and some new ones too and ih to and john deeres not to many massey harris

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by jodyand
I don't see any old cases here only old JDs and farmalls. The only case i see are fairly new backhoes and dozer's. Thats why i enjoy looking at yours so much cause i never see them.
Jody,
Well at least there are farmalls where your at. Are most the the tractors in your area rowcrop or standards (wheatland) tractors?
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
My uncle has an old case sitting by the woods. Im thinking its a VAC? Don't really know of any other case's round here.
Ryan
Ryan,
My first Case D came from MN. It came from the Alexandria area. which I see is some distance north of you. I was dealing on a Case 600 near Freeborn MN. while back. I've seen some good ones but there always a long ways away. Keep a sharp eye out for any standard wheatland tractors for me :) :D :) :D . What do you see mostly for tractors, standards or rowcrop?
caseman-d

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jbetts13
old steam case and some new ones too and ih to and john deeres not to many massey harris
jbetts,
Hey it's been awhile, good to here from you again. I know they have some nice IH/Mccormick tractors up in Ontario. I have my eyes on a couple but haven't figured out how to get them to SD. Talking about Case steam engines I found theis jewel comming up for auction. Hmmmm I wonder if I sold all my tractors if I could aford this one.

http://www.clarkeauction.com/Graphics/Kastory Sale/Steam_engine_small.JPG
or this one
http://www.clarkeauction.com/Graphics/Kastory Sale/Threshing_machine_small.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
they got some thing like that 3 hours form me looks cool most of the older tractor are row crop mine is but most arn't

BTW l was working on my tractor to day found another problem the valves were stuck got that fixed and the black clip inside the distreider (spelling) broke off hey parts you know what l'm talking about ??? do you got one and how much ?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by caseman-d
Jody,
Well at least there are farmalls where your at. Are most the the tractors in your area rowcrop or standards (wheatland) tractors?
caseman-d
Well here you see some Ms and Hs but what you see the most of is Farmall Cubs they are everywhere. If i ever get more land i will have a Farmall Cub to because they seem to run forever.:D

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they got some thing like that 3 hours form me looks cool most of the older tractor are row crop mine is but most arn't

BTW l was working on my tractor to day found another problem the valves were stuck got that fixed and the black clip inside the distreider (spelling) broke off hey parts you know what l'm talking about ??? do you got one and how much ?
jbetts,
Not sure which black clips you are referring to. What model of tractor are you working on. Only thing I can think of thats black inside a distributor is the rotor and the dust cap besides the cap itself or is it the clip that holds the cap on????
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by jodyand
Well here you see some Ms and Hs but what you see the most of is Farmall Cubs they are everywhere. If i ever get more land i will have a Farmall Cub to because they seem to run forever.:D
Jody,
I wouldn't mind having a Farmall cub myself. Seems they are getting harder to find and when a person does find one 10 others found it to :) :) :) . If one would be patient I'm sure one can find one at a fair price.
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
jbetts,
Not sure which black clips you are referring to. What model of tractor are you working on. Only thing I can think of thats black inside a distributor is the rotor and the dust cap besides the cap itself or is it the clip that holds the cap on????
caseman-d
it's a 1947 massey harris 20 it's the rotor it just sits inside and spins if you got one Dave let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's a 1947 massey harris 20 it's the rotor it just sits inside and spins if you got one Dave let me know thanks
Sorry jbetts I doon't have what your looking for. You might PM partsman as he maybe able to help you.
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
An old couple Mid 80's) up the road from me has a VAC that is in pretty tip top shape. I'll probably use it this weekend to cut his grass for them, as he has alzheimers, and his wife at her age certainly does not need to be out in this sun and humidity cutting grass at her age. They have about 8 acres that he usually kept cleaned up and I do what I can when it needs work done on their place. I have access to a 30 acre field fenced perimeter and cross fences pasture of his that I run soome of my goats on.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Chipmaker
An old couple Mid 80's) up the road from me has a VAC that is in pretty tip top shape. I'll probably use it this weekend to cut his grass for them, as he has alzheimers, and his wife at her age certainly does not need to be out in this sun and humidity cutting grass at her age. They have about 8 acres that he usually kept cleaned up and I do what I can when it needs work done on their place. I have access to a 30 acre field fenced perimeter and cross fences pasture of his that I run soome of my goats on.
Chipmaker,
Thats a real neighborly thing to do. I ve seen the VAC's around but don't recall ever driving one :mad: :mad: :mad: , and to think you get to go cutting grass with it :) :) :) :) . I'm sure that the neighbors apprciate it. I ahave to admitt I don't see a lot of tractors listed in your area. Guess I must not be looking in the right place for them. Thanks for the reply, was nice to hear from you.
caseman-d

·
91 Posts
Caseman
Here's one S/W Ontario is that a fair price

Archie:canada:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by archyb2
Caseman
Here's one S/W Ontario is that a fair price

Archie:canada:
Archie,

The price seems high. I realize that it is in Canadian dollars. Depending on the year, condition of sheetmetal and paint I feel it's still to high. The tractor looks like it is a rowcrop tractor and should have a eagle hitch on it. With cab on it it looks like it would be tough to get in and out of. I wish him luck if he can get that for it.
caseman-d

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Ryan,
My first Case D came from MN. It came from the Alexandria area. which I see is some distance north of you. I was dealing on a Case 600 near Freeborn MN. while back. I've seen some good ones but there always a long ways away. Keep a sharp eye out for any standard wheatland tractors for me :) :D :) :D . What do you see mostly for tractors, standards or rowcrop?
caseman-d
rowcrops mostly here. Ben? Burns seems to sell a lot of standards.
Ryan

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
When I was a teenager in the mid 1970s, there was still a few farms left in north west New Jersey and we had a local IH dealer, Deere dealer, Massey ferguson dealer and Case dealer, all selling agricultural stuff. The Case dealer is the only one still in business and switched to construction eguip. I occassionally see a Case tractor in the back of a barn once in a while in my travels. The farmer that was my neighbor when I was a kid had IH and an Oliver with the straight eight cyl motor. He still farms, but mostly with old Deeres. The only Case I can think of near my work in north west NJ is a smallish farm tractor that one of the surviving dairy farmers still uses, probably early-mid 1960s vintage. I couldn't tell you a model number. Near my home in north east PA, it is either Farmall, IH or Deere. I went to an auction near Belvidere NJ very close to the PA border and there were about 8 Deeres and 3 or 4 Farmalls sold. I suspect that the majority of the area's old tractors have already been sold off years ago and what is left has a zillion hours on them and are held together with spit and wire.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I suspect that the majority of the area's old tractors have already been sold off years ago and what is left has a zillion hours on them and are held together with spit and wire.

Joe,
Thanks for the reply. Good to here from someone from New Jersey. I'm sure that most older tractors were held together with at least baling wire, not sure about spit tho :) :) :) . A person can tell which ones have had a rough live vs the ones that had daily maintence done to them. So hows things out your way, really dry here in western SD.
Thanks again
caseman-d

1 - 20 of 28 Posts