Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty new to the tractor world, and now that it's finally snowing, I'm thinking of a grader blade for snow removal. We also have a looooong gravel driveway, so it'll do double duty to scrape and level there as well.

Tractor supply sells 5, 6 & 7 foot wide blades, and I assume at some point, the load that the blade is pushing overwhelms the tractor.

The L245DT is pretty small, and packs 25HP. From what I'm reading though, weight is a bigger factor than HP. Is that true in your experience?

Anyway, guidance is much appreciated before I start looking to buy.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,013 Posts
Measure the your tractor to compare with Tractordata. It says your tractor is 51'' wide. If you angle a backblade on the three point hitch at 45 degrees you would need 6' to just cover the width of your tractor tires. I don't think I'd go smaller than that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Measure the your tractor to compare with Tractordata. It says your tractor is 51'' wide. If you angle a backblade on the three point hitch at 45 degrees you would need 6' to just cover the width of your tractor tires. I don't think I'd go smaller than that.
PERFECT advice, i came here to say the same thing, but you already said what needed to be said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts