Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imagine that you have probably taken notice the I have just not been my usual "posty" self for that past month or two. I have been working on purchasing a farm which has taken an unbelievable amount of my time. It is a beautiful place with an amazing variety of wildlife (turkey, deer, coyotes, armadillo's, LOTS of snakes and ticks) and natural features.

I did not want to mention anything about it until I had signed the closing papers and that is what I finally got done today. I have been negotiating on this farm since late February and it is good to finally have it done. Altogether the farm is just under 314 acres.

I thought you all might like to see few pictures of the place. I have some other pictures of it but the board format will not allow me to upload them. Andy, I would appreciate your help on that if you could. So here are the long awaited pictures.

This is about a 1 - 2 acre pond stocked with catfish and bass.

Attachments

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
N-I-C-E looking so far....details please....how many acres?....is there a house and out buildings?....are you planning to move on the farm?:confused:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is an old chimney left from an old farm house built many years ago. It is hand built and you would not believe how the stones are so tightly fitted together.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks great Chief how much land you got there.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
A view from WELL out into the northeast field.

is that your out house way in the back on the right hand side you got a long walk if thats your out house

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by GreenMtnMan
Congratulations Randy! Now you'll really have your hands full :)
Thanks Ken, you are right about the hands full. I have a TON of cleaning up and clearing brush, not to mention grass cutting. For the time being, I am just going to let it grow. The wild game birds love it.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Argee
N-I-C-E looking so far....details please....how many acres?....is there a house and out buildings?....are you planning to move on the farm?:confused:
As I edited in above, it is just under 314 acres and the house and other buildings are in rough shape. They will need some TLC. For the time being I will stay put but eventually plan to move there and build a new house. The wife and I are considering a bed & breakfast business.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
WOW you have an awesome place! I like that cave with the creek coming out of it. Also like the pond stocked with fish. all I can say is wow.
Ryan

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Argee, the farm was a foreclosed property that I (with BIG help from family I might add) purchased from a bank. All I can say is WHAT ROYAL PITA! The previous owners left under less than friendly conditons 2 years ago and the place has sat empty since. You can imagine the condition of things. The previous owners allegedly vandalized the water system and other things too.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts