• other

Votes: 1 2.9%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite brand of old tractor of all time

Ok lets hear what your favorite tractor is. I would have to say Farmall because that is all i remember as a kid. Thats all my grandfather ever owned.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
caseman is that the same tractor you have the motor for.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
This was hard to pick just one. The first tractor I was close to as a child was a John Deere two cylinder diesel with a gas starter engine. I remember seeing them pull out an old hedge row on my grandparents farm with it. It dug foot deep ruts in the dry pasture pulling the stumps. I loved to listen to the sound of the engine under load. I kept waiting for it to stall, but it never did. I was amazed at the power considering it sounded like it had a dead cylinder. So I guess if I were to pick one, that would be it.

Mark

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I have owned red, orange, yellow and green. They all have their faults but when it come down to the bottom line.......Green has done right by me better than any! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Ok lets hear what your favorite tractor is. I would have to say Farmall because that is all i remember as a kid. Thats all my grandfather ever owned.
I have to say, I am with you. First, when you think of an old tractor, the Farmall comes to mind first. You see a kid drow a picture of a tractor, it looks like a farmall. I think it has become kinda the unaversal vintage tractor.[or UVT:) ]

Also the fact that my Dad had one when I was growing up, helps.

·
Registered
212 Posts
We always had John Deere's, except for a weak moment when my dad bought a WD6 international. Have hated Internationals ever since.

Picture attached of the tractor my dad started out with. Winter of 47 was so bad that's how we'd get the mile to the main road.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
unfair

I for one can not give a truly accurate answer to this poll.I like so many brands of tractors.Farmall Cubs are very habit forming,one is too many 10 is not enough.My John Deere is a joy and how can you beat some big old throbbing stump puller deisel of any brand.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
the best brand

hey when l was growing up my step dad had a Massey Harris 20 RC l hear you guys talking about john Deere farmall and what not but were are all the massey lovers did they go extinct with the tractor company ????

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Argee
How about Kubota and Ford (not just the "N" series but all the good old Fords?
I just put Massey Harris in the poles Kubota is to new and i just figured that the fords fall in one area.
Jody

·
Registered
977 Posts
i would have to say mm because its the first brand of tractor i drove. however i have a little bit of everything now and they all have they're good and bad points. one good point about all of them is they are simple to work on and don't have wiring harnesses as big around as my leg.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
caseman-d,

Is that a LA Case? Looks similar to my Grandpa's '48. It's been so long since I've seen it, I'm not sure.
MowHoward,
Thats a picture of my 1946 Case D, little brother to the LA
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
caseman is that the same tractor you have the motor for.
Jody
jodyand,
No thats a picture of my 1946 Case D, it smokes a bit but it does run. I am hoping if time permits to run it more this summer.
caseman-d

1 - 20 of 34 Posts