Tractor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Before I click on any thing I look at how long ago it was accessed and it
said [17 h ago] and it was within the top 7 . There are no years listed
so when its within the top ten it makes you think its this year!

willy

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Before I click on any thing I look at how long ago it was accessed and it
said [17 h ago] and it was within the top 7 . There are no years listed
so when its within the top ten it makes you think its this year!

willy
Willy,

Wrong. You replied to the OLDEST message in the thread from the original poster of the thread, not the person who posted 17h ago in the thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Lucky, I just stumbled upon this discussion while investigating the same warning light on my Cabela’s tractor. Do you mind sharing the outcome with us?

my LM45 has performed flawlessly since I bought it in 2016. This is the first problem I’ve encountered.
I have a Cabela's LM55H and this symbol just appeared two days ago after 5 years and 380 years of flawless service. Posted inquiry on Tractorbynet and received the answer that it is low oil pressure per the TYM T554 manual, but this symbol is completely different. I agree that it is not a drop of oil but rather a plus sign with an arrow pointing up like fluids need to be added somewhere. My hydro fluid was low, so I topped it off, but I still have the light.

Has anyone else who has posted with this same light had any resolution?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Cabela's LM55H and this symbol just appeared two days ago after 5 years and 380 years of flawless service. Posted inquiry on Tractorbynet and received the answer that it is low oil pressure per the TYM T554 manual, but this symbol is completely different. I agree that it is not a drop of oil but rather a plus sign with an arrow pointing up like fluids need to be added somewhere. My hydro fluid was low, so I topped it off, but I still have the light.

Has anyone else who has posted with this same light had any resolution?
That would be 380 hours...NOT years. o_O

·
Registered
3 Posts
That would be 380 hours...NOT years. o_O
I've come to the assumption that its related to oil level -- and that my dipstick reads high. I've gotten the light to turn OFF three times -- and each time it occurred after adding engine oil or changing the oil.

On my most recent oil change, instead of using the volume of oil recommended in the manual, I stopped adding it when the level on the dipstick showed full. I started the engine and allowed it to idle and then shut down and checked again. The light had turned off and the dipstick was still showing full. According to the manual, the dipstick should have been a quart low. The light turned on again shortly after I started using the tractor. I added the last quart of oil (dipstick now showing above full) and then then did 15 hours of heavy bush hogging. The light never came back on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've come to the assumption that its related to oil level -- and that my dipstick reads high. I've gotten the light to turn OFF three times -- and each time it occurred after adding engine oil or changing the oil.

On my most recent oil change, instead of using the volume of oil recommended in the manual, I stopped adding it when the level on the dipstick showed full. I started the engine and allowed it to idle and then shut down and checked again. The light had turned off and the dipstick was still showing full. According to the manual, the dipstick should have been a quart low. The light turned on again shortly after I started using the tractor. I added the last quart of oil (dipstick now showing above full) and then then did 15 hours of heavy bush hogging. The light never came back on.
Interesting. I checked the oil and dipstick indicated it was within operating range. I will do an oil change cause it could use one anyway and try what worked for you.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately the TYM dealer in SC is no longer there and the guy who had serviced my tractor in North GA is also no longer there so I am stuck looking for a new service dept. I am comfortable changing the oil myself but I do have one question, and I hope you can help.

The manual shows the "oil filler" next to the oil filter, but the only thing I see next to the oil filter is the dipstick. Is there someplace else to fill the oil or do I need to fill it through that tiny hole the dipstick sits in which makes no sense to me??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Today I changed the oil, filled to the amount specified in the manual, approximately 5.3l or 1.4gal. Ran tractor to get it to operating temp, light was still on. Shut off, waited, checked oil and the dipstick indicated it was at the top of the operating range. Added roughly another quart to see if I could get the same resolution as TimL. Unfortunately when I started the tractor, the light was still on. Backed out some of the oil since I don't want to operate over recommended levels. Drove around, and now, for some reason, tractor seems to have some loss of power. Drove it up a small incline in my driveway that would not have been an issue before at idle speed and it almost died out. Could be separate issue. Not sure...just frustrated because I am now running behind on getting food plots planted.

Still waiting to hear from TYM on where the closest service center is now that the guy I was using does not appear to be in business any more. Will post updates as I get them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am assuming you are talking about the oil light being on. If that is the case you should not be running it at all unless you can confirm the light is inoperable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am trying to determine what the warning light even is (exactly like picture posted by OP), cause it looks like nothing in the manual. Assumption is that it is oil related so per TimL's suggestion, I did an oil change and let it run briefly so I could check the light and oil levels. Unfortunately buying a TYM is now biting me because I have no reasonable local service center and two inquiries to TYM have gone unreplied. Calling a couple dealers in AL and TN today to see if they can service it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Curious if you could temporarily install an oil pressure gauge. Then you'd know for sure.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I read it all the way through, and maybe I'm being thick, but I don't see the connection to my issue other than I need to contact TYM or Yanmar. My error code is different. Sorry, what am I missing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quick update: I was able to locate my original user manual from Cabela's and from what I can tell it directly conflicts with the user manual for the T554HST with regards to engine oil capacity. The 554 manual states 1.4 gallons, or just under 6 quarts, and the Cabela's manual for the LM55H states the following:
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Paper

Additionally, when looking at the image and description of the instrument warning light cluster, it states this regarding oil pressure.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Clock

Should I interpret that as the oil pressure is fine if that light comes on and then shuts off, meaning the sensors have detected the correct oil pressure and therefore the mystery warning light is not oil pressure related?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts