Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. Im a newbie but I need help desperately.
I am working on this TYM tractor LM36 with yanmar engine in it that has this symbol on the dash. Please tell me what this means.. thx!

·
Super Moderator
10,013 Posts
I believe that it may be a diesel particulate filter (DPF) warning symbol. May have to check the manual to see what the different variations are. If it's blinking, for instance, it might be indicating that the system is regenerating.
Just my best guess!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Hello luckie8,

I'm not familiar with DPF systems, or regerating systems, too newfangled for me!

But on my old Ford tractor I have a similar symbol which means that my air filter is plugging up, and I am pulling too much vacuum on the air intake system. There is a vacuum sensor on the intake system to warn me of this condition.

I think an operators manual would explain the meaning of this symbol. Search the internet or ebay for an operators manual for your tractor.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
See page 19 of Winston's operations manual. The symbol on your original post does not match any of these symbols.

·
Super Moderator
10,013 Posts
Thx for the help guys..
I was under the impression that oil pressure symbol is an engine outline with an oil/liquid drop in the middle. Pls advise, thx
After looking a little harder, I think the symbol is an engine warning indicator. This light could be on in conjunction with other indicators to direct you to what a potential problem could be.
Is the light blinking, and if so, with other indicators on? Is it on when you turn the key on, but goes out once the tractor is running?
I do believe that the engine symbol with the drop in the center is oil pressure.

·
Registered
399 Posts
What kind of indicator is on the tractor for oil pressure? Is there another light or gauge? If so then probably not oil pressure, if not, probably oil pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it something like a fault code that needs to be scanned and cleared using a special scanner?
The symbol comes on as soon as you turn the key on then goes out for a split second and comes right back on and stay on no matter if the engine is running or not.
There is no other indicators that are on.
I do have glow plug, oil pressure, battery lights come on as soon as you turn the key on but they go out right away.

After looking a little harder, I think the symbol is an engine warning indicator. This light could be on in conjunction with other indicators to direct you to what a potential problem could be.
Is the light blinking, and if so, with other indicators on? Is it on when you turn the key on, but goes out once the tractor is running?
I do believe that the engine symbol with the drop in the center is oil pressure.

·
Super Moderator
10,013 Posts
Well, I'd make sure that all my fluid levels are correct, then perhaps as BigT suggested, take the air filters out temporarily, and see if if the light goes out and stays out.
The tractor only has a few hours on it.... there must be a manual for it. Ask the owner or dealer to get you one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
We took it to our local ditch witch yanmar authorized dealer and they told us the code was for timing out for egr valve and can bus not communicating so they wont be able to further access the ecu to clear the fault code. they told me to try a different gauge cluster. does that sound about right to you guys?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me but electronics are over my head. :eek:

Surely you don't have to buy a new gauge cluster. I would try contacting some TYM dealers. I can't hardly find anything online for the LM36 model. Got to be some info out there.

·
Super Moderator
10,013 Posts
We took it to our local ditch witch yanmar authorized dealer and they told us the code was for timing out for egr valve and can bus not communicating so they wont be able to further access the ecu to clear the fault code. they told me to try a different gauge cluster. does that sound about right to you guys?
If the EGR was the issue, I'm sure you'd find that the machine would probably running rough. If the issue is with the can bus then it may very well be wiring that is preventing access to the system ( Engine Control unit that manages the systems that ensure optimal engine performance) to allow it to reset.
With the low hours on the machine, it might be a good idea to contact the dealer and see if you can get a new dash, complete with wiring. It should be under warranty.
Did you get it at Cabellas in Sidney?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so we dropped it off at another local Yanmar dealer to have em scanned and they told us the fault code is for an egr valve not communicating with the can bus and it wont clear until it is taken care of so we left it there. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out.
Anyway thx a bunch for all your help guys.

·
Supporting Member
119 Posts
Thx for the help guys..
I was under the impression that oil pressure symbol is an engine outline with an oil/liquid drop in the middle. Pls advise, thx
LOL.....Come on now Luckie....You know we can't make it Easy for everybody....If One company uses This symbol for that, then the Next company has to be Different...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.. Im a newbie but I need help desperately.
I am working on this TYM tractor LM36 with yanmar engine in it that has this symbol on the dash. Please tell me what this means.. thx!

ok so we dropped it off at another local Yanmar dealer to have em scanned and they told us the fault code is for an egr valve not communicating with the can bus and it wont clear until it is taken care of so we left it there. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out.
Anyway thx a bunch for all your help guys.
Hey Lucky, I just stumbled upon this discussion while investigating the same warning light on my Cabela’s tractor. Do you mind sharing the outcome with us?

my LM45 has performed flawlessly since I bought it in 2016. This is the first problem I’ve encountered.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry but I don't see that symbol any place!
If the symbal is green means your tractor is OK
If it turns red means your engine is over heating
this is on my YT235C but mine has a tube on the side
of the symbol

willy

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sorry but I don't see that symbol any place!
If the symbal is green means your tractor is OK
If it turns red means your engine is over heating
this is on my YT235C but mine has a tube on the side
of the symbol

willy
Willy, this thread is 5 years old.

And the people do NOT have Yanmar made tractors. Only tractors with Yanmar engines. :geek:

So, you would have to image search those manufactures of TYM and Cabela’s for those models and review those dash clusters to gain any insight.

The TYM dash cluster will always be green, never red. Green is the backlite display.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts