Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
It lets you rotate the spring perch to different height settings. Cars with aftermarket ‘coilovers’ use them (usually 2, one for a jamnut) and al kinda of motorcycles and other small vehicles with ‘coilover shocks’ usually have 3 different notches on the lower spring perch to select.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It lets you rotate the spring perch to different height settings. Cars with aftermarket ‘coilovers’ use them (usually 2, one for a jamnut) and al kinda of motorcycles and other small vehicles with ‘coilover shocks’ usually have 3 different notches on the lower spring perch to select.
Great info, thanks Vigo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Page 83 of your Gator's operators manual explains suspension adjustment procedure. Reading operators manual from cover to cover is a good practice on newly acquired machines
Appreciate that, I had read through it, still didn’t give me a clue as to what that tool was for though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,667 Posts
Used to come in the "tool kit" of every Honda motorcycle, so you could adjust your shocks, if you came across a "fat-bottomed" girl and decided to give her a ride home. They used to advertise "You meet the nicest people on a Honda", they left out the part about the big hefty ones overloading your shock setting and just gave you the tool:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts