Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard rumors that the Gravely 2-wheel tractor will soon be discontinued by Ariens. Anyone out there hear any confirmation?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
last I heard it was a done deal. Kinda sad, but if they don't see a lot, they will not keep them. I guess the Zturns won out

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well they made them too good and they are still going even the old ones. So with so many still running they cant sell the new one. What do you think:smiles:
Jody:usa:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Well they made them too good and they are still going even the old ones. So with so many still running they cant sell the new one. What do you think:smiles:
Jody:usa:
Well, I can agree with that. With my '44, and 60's L

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a '44 Gravely?????

Ingersol444,
That has got to be a rare beast! I thought all manufacturing was diverted to the war effort... unless your Gravely was built for the military? Do you know if that's the case? Or was Gravely exempt from war production because it was essential agricultural equipment?

·
ironhat
64 Posts
Yep, really sad. I had one for a few years on really steep, rocky and spling covered propert and the thing was a beast. I used it to cut grass but trees too. I built a card for it but that turned out to be too dangerous and would flip over and take the Gravely with it. I don't think that they could keep with the new American price point - "0" money down, "0" interest and 100% rebate. Like the song says, "Ya don't know what ya got till it's gone".
Later,

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Re: You have a '44 Gravely?????

Originally posted by bontai Joe
Ingersol444,
That has got to be a rare beast! I thought all manufacturing was diverted to the war effort... unless your Gravely was built for the military? Do you know if that's the case? Or was Gravely exempt from war production because it was essential agricultural equipment?

Boy THIS post slipped by me, a little late but here you go:D :eek:

About the only thing I could come up with about the war time L's is that some had cast Iron engine cases becouse of the shortage of Al. Mine is not Iron, so its not one of the real rare ones. I do kinda wish that old tractor could talk, can only amamge the storys it has.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts