Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the implement behind the tractor at the top of the page? Appears to be spreading out windrows like a teddar, but never saw one do that even a job. Or is it a windrower that you have to run driving backwards? Don't get much exposure to fancy equipmnet in my part of the Missouri Hills.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:nerd:

John I never could understand that picture or what its doing. I am still trying to figure out what the green is and why it it stays between the tires as the ????? goes by. My first thought was that it was a swather but that dont look right either.

OK farmers, What the hell is that machine & what is it doing?.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Good question for red-n-green or partsman, or better yet, Andy. He's the one who put it on there. What is the purpose of leaving that uncut swathe in the middle? Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
The Guy Driving is lookin straight ahead

He is cutting and spreading whatever the rows are at the same time.I am thinking someone took artistic licence drawing the picture. It was not a farmer.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I agree, it looks like a city-boy artist's rendition of what they think a tractor might do. Either that or it's a grass restorer that glues the cut stalks back together. Whatever it is, it doesn't depict anything real.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Yah, doesn't make sense. It is either pulverizing the greenery in reverse... which explains the non-straight lines. Last time I checked, mulching something that big would leave a light green streak and not light brown. So that kills that theory

Or, it is planting seeds and running over it with a radioactive beem to super grow them. Not likely

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
:globesnow

I am really getting a kick out of all of the wild remarks and analytical commentary about the picture. :D It is amusing as
heck! :D I especially like the "radioactive beams" and "city-boy rendition" HAHA ---:D

Smiles.
outta here

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
artist rendition. Look at the shadow lines. They are strong behind the tractor along the crop line, but nothing comparable in the next row. If the shadow is that prominent behind the tractor on the right, the next row should have the same shadowing levels instead of a hint of shadows.

Also, the shadow lines of the tractor start out with the concept that the sun is late morning... 10:00am or early evening, yet the crop shadow lines don't follow that, more like 12:00.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
My amusement continues.... :D :D :D :D -- Pretty soon there will be superzooms of 800x-2000x going on and you can bring in that girl from the movie "Rising Sun" to analyze the pixels and see if the disc was forged or not --- :D

:pedro:
Andy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Admin, instead of laughing at everyones ideas, how about an answer rather than just drooling.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I am not laughing at you guys --- just enjoy the discussion.
The official answer will come shortly -- maybe right on the dawn of the 10,000 post.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
No way out... Costner.

I was going to download the pict and blow it up because the shadows don't look right on the driver either... but it's not a regular downloadable jpg.

John *.?-!.* --> Not sure, but Andy probably doesn't know either, probably just liked the picture. While it's wacky, it's nice looking.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
worse yet

Check out the John Deere At the bottom of the forum.This guy looks like he running over his rows to get at the next row he is working.Remind me not to hire him.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Slipshod, you never miss a beat! I thought that was a wild looking pic of the JD too ---- so I put it into the mix.... :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The one at the bottom appears to be using one of them thar fancy winrowers, or swather, type rig that cuts and winrows at the same time. If he is, then running over the winrows is no big deal. The one at the top appears to be doing the same thing, but it is either a bigger self powered one than I've ever seen, or it is mounted on the rear of a tractor and you have to run backwards :worm:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Some of the newer tractors are reversible now, run at the same speed in either direction and the operaters controls swivel to the back with the seat. I'd say it is a mounted haybine on a Ford reversible tractor, and he's mowing hay.
Never really looked all that close at th epicture until you guys mentioned it. It also looks like a company ad photo, they are often retouched, explaining the shadow thing you guys mentioned too.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Okay, I just saw the JD you guys were talking about, he's mowing hay with a pull-type haybine, I run one of them all summer, about 12 hours a day, ( ceptin' mines RED :smiles: ) and the only way to turn into the next row is by running over the already mowed hay. It doesn't cause any harm.

·
Registered
977 Posts
:ditto:
i'd say parts man has got it. loks like a mounted haybine maybe a honeybee on a bi-directional ford-new holland as for running over the swath on the ground its the only way to make the corner without leaving some crop stand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts