1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

What hydraulic fluid to use ?

Discussion in 'Petroleum, Oils, Lubricants, Additives, Chemicals' started by JamesMore, Jun 25, 2012.

1. JamesMore

JamesMore New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I have a cub cadet 7272 with a 417 loader. One of the cylinders on the loader is leaking so I have taken both off to be repaired by a local machine shop who was able to get the seals.

When they come back and I install then how should I go about topping up the fluid. I do not know what the last owner used in the tractor so not sure what I should be using.

What type of hydraulic fluid does the loader /tracker take ?

How much fluid does the tractor take

Will I need to drain the old hydraulic fluid and put in fresh eg like a car oil change

Thank you for your help from a very novice tractor owner.

2. ZZ71

ZZ71 New Member

Dec 19, 2010

3. JamesMore

JamesMore New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Thanks for the reply ZZ71 I will see if I can find my manual and have a read but also look to see what it would take to drain and put in new fluid.