Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my list.

8n with a snow plow

Ingersoll 224 with a 44" plow

Ingersoll 444 with a 54" plow

74 Dodge powerwagon

5hp MTD snowblower

OK well now what runs

The 8N runs but I need to adapt feet to the bottom of the plow before using it on the gravel drive.

The 224 runs, but my log splitter is on the rear, and I still have to put the chains on the tires.

The 444 has a dead battery, and the key switch does not work. Have the batery, just have to get it in. Plus the plow is not mounted yet.[5 min job]

the Dodge has not run sence christmas last year. Got to get going on that. With the heater, that will be the perferd thing to use.

The snowblower is buryed in the back of the shed. Carb it shot, one of these days I have to dig it out.

Well, as you can see, I have to get my act together. Got a LOT to do before snow hits.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
49 Farmall cub with 54" blade for the big stuff.
Cub Cadet 782 with 42" blade for clean-up.

Neither tractor has the blade mounted yet, but I don't expect any significant snowfall for at least another month around here. We've only had about 2 snowfalls in the past 4 years that were serious enough to think about snow removal.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
used to have a plow do my driveway (245')
and id use an older toro snowblower to do dog paths and walking paths around the yard. it used to take about 4 hours becasue there were lots of hills...

no more.. i am getting a 42" 2 stage thrower for my prestige tomorrow...

That should do the drive and the paths.
ill use a 175 spreader to spread sand/salt for ice storms...

sj

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been using a Monkey Ward/Gilson 11 hp lawn tractor (8"rears) with chains, 42" trip blade. I'm in the process of building a weight box for the rear of it as my 265# body just isn't enough...for plowing snow, anyway!....

I also have a 1967 Gilson M-7 (7 hp) garden tractor with a dozer blade but I am restoring the tractor.

I recently picked up an 18 hp MW/Gilson garden tractor (with 12" wheels, 75# weight on each side). It needed some drive bearings replaced and as soon as I'm finished with that I am going to try adapting the blade from my M-7 to it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I use my Craftsman plow and mower but am considering moving to the blower. Last winter we got a lot of snow and I started to run out of places to put the snow. This year, I don't want that problem and may go the blower route

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where I'm at in Oklahoma, we just wait about 3 or 4 hours, and then deal with the mud. I've lived here 30 years, and seen snow last more than a day maybe 5 times.
BUT, tomorrow I'm going to look at a Allis Chalmers WC road grader! I'll be praying for snow then!
I wonder if work will still accept the excuse that I can't get in?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
nice JimD, I sort of hate you.. Here in maine we wait for the mud too.. but its more like 4 or 5 months not 3 or 4 hours....

last year it was 20 below or colder for about 3 weeks in feb...

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Used to use a 12.5 Murray with a 40'something blade, wheel weights and chains. Worked great. Been watching the nieghbors with their walkbehind blowers and I am interesting, just not sure yet. I'm doing the plow this year with my L130. I'll probably keep an eye out for a good deal on a blower/thrower if the plow doesn't work out for me.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg

Used to use a 12.5 Murray with a 40'something blade, wheel weights and chains. Worked great. Been watching the nieghbors with their walkbehind blowers and I am interesting, just not sure yet. I'm doing the plow this year with my L130. I'll probably keep an eye out for a good deal on a blower/thrower if the plow doesn't work out for me.
Hey Tis,

How about a picture when you get that L130 dressed for winter?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I use my Sears GT 3000 and shop built dozer balde. If there's more snow than that I could use the Massey 245. If one of them won't do it, I do like JimD and let the sun have it. It usually doesn't last more than a couple days anyway.....

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
What is snow

What is snow :question: We don't get snow here so i don't have anything to fight it with:punch: But if we did get snow i would have something for it.:cheers:
Jody

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
What I use for fighting snow

1.JD X485 with 48inch rear Blade.
2. White GT2055 with 54inch dozer Blade.
3. Cub Cadet 106 with 36inch snow blower.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Snow? What snow?????? Jodyand and I are going to get together and come visit some of you "snowy" members and see what all of this fuss is all about ---- Snow? We have swamps, but no snow. :D :D :D ---- We do have this little bouncy snowman though for you to plow over ---- :bouncy:

Andy
:bouncy:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by admin

Snow? What snow?????? Jodyand and I are going to get together and come visit some of you "snowy" members and see what all of this fuss is all about ---- Snow? We have swamps, but no snow. ---- We do have this little bouncy snowman though for you to plow over ----

Andy
Come on up along about January, we'll show you some snow that will give you stories to tell your grandchildren. We have swamps too, they get snow in them also. :smiles:

Got a room waiting for ya, and some hot cocoa, cause your gonna need it! :lmao:
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Snow Removal Tools/Toys

For light snow up to 6" or so I use my Deere GT225 with front blade. I have four suitcase weights (160 lbs) in back along with my 220#. Also have rubber chains on rear and a utility light mounted on the right fender. I also have a rubber squeege on th blade which prevents scraping of my blacktop and works great on slush.

For heavy snow (we do live in the snow belt) I forget the tractor (although more fun) and break out my Honda 928WAS. This beast throws snow as far as 45ft.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts