Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just purchased a tractor recently and the seller is not sure what he sold me. It looks like a 3400 to me but I'm really confused. It has a loader and backhoe. Also I noticed the back where PTO shaft is usually sticking out has a square plate covering it. The seller believes that it is a 1966 but also not sure. I don't see any markings under the hood panel but I did find something near the starter and also on the engine. I'd like to know what model and year this is. The starter reads: 34C11A and C1 136065J22 is as far as I can read. I've attached the image and the side of engine as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,430 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
Hard to say, but my guess would on the 34011A equates to
3= 3000
40 = Utility
1= Diesel
1=No PTO
A= 4 speed.
How does that compare with what you think you may have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great that you figured it out. So I definitely have a 3400? The features that you all posted so far have been right on the money. I've attached more pictures. I am hoping to restore this. It runs great just needs some TLC. Currently I've got Milky fluid in the transmission. Not sure about the differential yet. Any thoughts on flushing it? I've heard mixed opinions about using diesel to flush it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts