Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of, me and Bill want to thank those of you whom faithfully voted each month in those tractor of the month polls. We really appreciate you folks! ;)

Because of a lack of member involvement, member complaints and an unfair disadvantage in some of the polls, Bill and myself decided to suspend the voting aspect of the tractor of the month for now, and just "feature" a tractor from our showcase around the first of each month. So please be sure to look for our "featured" tractor announcements starting in May. :)

Reactions: pogobill

·
Super Moderator
9,780 Posts
Yes, it was to have been a fun little escape from the day to day technical aspect of the forum, a bit of a relaxing thread to participate in.
Regardless, we all enjoy tractors and encourage all members, old and new, to submit your tractor acquisitions to the registry for all of us to enjoy. While you are there, go ahead and tell us a about your tractor, and for those already registered, up date your photos as well. Who knows, your pride and joy may just get featured right here on the forum!

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've received a handful of private messages expressing disappointment regarding the ending of voting. There certainly was / is a lot of things that baffled the staff members, such as all the poll views, but no effort to vote, especially for March, when we were throwing a pitch for the kids, believing that surely members would come out and vote for little kids......... but no. Very little support for even the kids. :confused::( The staff would like to have believed that most folks just didn't see the poll. Anyways, it just took a bit of work to hunt down several selections for debate amongst the staff, then more effort to set up the polls and encouraging others to vote, then ultimately announcing a winner.

We'll still announce a winner each month though, and of course we still encourage members, especially our newest members, to add their tractors to our registry.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Well, there are 71 pages of tractors to pick from. Maybe a notice to members to update their profile page with details of their tractor. This way, the random picked machine(s) will give plenty of useful info.

Is it possible to pick 3 tractors for the month at random? This way, we get a nice selection to look at? Since we are not picking between 3, and reading the info of 3, having 3 for the month is super!

·
Super Moderator
9,780 Posts
Well, there are 71 pages of tractors to pick from. Maybe a notice to members to update their profile page with details of their tractor. This way, the random picked machine(s) will give plenty of useful info.

Is it possible to pick 3 tractors for the month at random? This way, we get a nice selection to look at? Since we are not picking between 3, and reading the info of 3, having 3 for the month is super!
Well bmaverick, just about every time we do the Tractor of the Month, we ask folks to either add their tractors, or update their information. I guess you haven't been reading the complete thread... also noticed that you didn't vote last time! Have you ever voted?!?
We've pretty much always featured three tractors, and have thrown it out for the members to vote, but there just seems to be a lack of participation. If members, such as yourself, would just participate, comment and vote, we'd be glad to put this back out there for you all to tell us which tractor you like the best.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Well bmaverick, just about every time we do the Tractor of the Month, we ask folks to either add their tractors, or update their information. I guess you haven't been reading the complete thread... also noticed that you didn't vote last time! Have you ever voted?!?
We've pretty much always featured three tractors, and have thrown it out for the members to vote, but there just seems to be a lack of participation. If members, such as yourself, would just participate, comment and vote, we'd be glad to put this back out there for you all to tell us which tractor you like the best.
I do hear what you are saying. I'm just on here at random with a busy life of a full time job, full time running the farm and full time dad and grandparent to 14 kids! And other 6 kids (goats) just born in the last month. So, I'm missing the vote windows when they come around. I do believe I've voted once when a BIG yellow tractor was within the 3 to choose from. :)

Yes, a set of 3 featured tractors would be SWEET. Done randomly or by class types, doesn't matter too much, but the class types may swing more people to see those featured because everyone has a different tractor. A SCUT, CUT and full size would be the class types in general. This would attract the audience to view more and participate. The grouping with law tractors are in the SCUT class anyways. :)

I got 20mins this morning, not sure if the sprinkles will hold back or what. No rain in the forcast, but it's a wet mist. I need to run the tiller ASAP before the heavy rains swing on in.

Out of all the TRACTOR FORUMS this one is my favorite. :) There is another very popular one, but it gets crazy too often and the threads just wander off topic quickly. Thus, the learnings become spotty.

Also, this forum uses the easy pantone colors on the eyes with a warm setting making it very inviting to hang out longer. :)

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bmaverick, we really appreciate the input. We have a lot of folks suck as you, whom duck in here every so often, and so quite often folks suck as you could be so inundated with posting updates and new threads, that you could easily miss the poll. We do have regular members whom drop in all the time, and still don't vote, and so for us, the staff, who put these polls together, it's a lot of work and preparation for very little participation, and so this is why the staff members discussed and decided to switch over to just thoughtfully selecting a single tractor registry, and featuring it. We might possibly experiment with a pop up or block advertisement that would direct folks to vote, and if we could get something along them lines up, and running, then we might try the voting again. As Bill mentioned earlier, it's nothing really important, and was intended to be fun and break the monotony of a typical forum experience and give folks something to look forward to as they entered the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts