Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
managed to get back out in the feild after 2 weeks of rain. not all easy going however i managed to find some mud. wife just has to take pictures like this to remind me i know how to get stuck to.

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
had to unhook the tractor to pull it out then get the spreader. that was wednesday around supper and it started raining thursday morning hasn't stopped yet. i'll bet its even wetter now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Wow, talking about "Wide Open Spaces!" How many acres do you take care of there, Scott? Looks like a lot of fun! What are you working on spreading out there?

-Andy

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Beautiful pics Bear! Looks to be just a "bit" soft and soggy. :D ;) How far down is the permafrost? Or are you not up North far enough to be effected by that? With such a short growing season I can imagine that the pressure is on to get what you can in the ground anyway you can. Good luck and hope the weather gives you a break. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
andy we were trying for 1900 acres of crop this year. i was spreading fertilizer.. cheif no permafrost here have to go further north for that

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
That shows the power of the track units.

Some of that rain must have headed my direction. Between 7:00am and shortly after 12:00 noon we had 2.6 inches of rain today. Streams are bank full with some flooding of low areas. Fortunately for the farmers, most of the corn and soybeans which is the predominate crop for this area are in and growing. I passed one corn field today that was over knee high. The old saying in this area is corn should be knee high by the fourth of July. As long as we get just rain and no high winds or hail, they should be alright .

Hopefully next week will dry out and you can get back out there.:)

Mark

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
WOW!! Going from one extreme to another, first dust dry, now stuck in the mud.:rolleyes: Gotta love when mother nature gives you a kick in the pants, huh!:dazed:

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Yeah I thought he might have to use that d2 to pull me in when I was up there. Turned out I found a dryer road in and got out before it rained again. I heard 125 miles west of here they got over 4 inches of rain. Nothing here:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
caseman-d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts