Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I had to pick my brother in law up from a bump shop yesterday.
As I was pulling into the lot I seen a 1958 Impala Convertable
on a trailer hooked to a truck. As I went by the 58 was making noises like it was trying to move but just rocking the truck and trailer. After I parked I went inside to make sure I had the right place as my brother in law was not there yet. I went back outside to wait for him. I looked over and the 58 was still rocking the trailer and a guy was gunning the engine. I walked over and there was one guy in the 58 and two guys helping him as they were trying to back it off the trailer. I was just about to tell them that it would come off easier if they took the straps off that was holding the front of the car to the trailer but they found out just as I walked up. That was at least 10 minutes when I was there and who knows how long they were trying to unload it before I got there. I sure would not want those guys working
on my 58 Impala convertable.
Rodster

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
They sound like like a bright group of fellows there:lmao: OK what is a bump shop:question:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
What would have been funny is if the straps broke and the car went sailing backward through the shop! I guess they would have made up some story about some lunatic breaking into the shop and joyriding the car. Scares the heck out of me though!

:furious:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
I don't know if Jody was serious or not but we call a shop that does autobody repair a bump shop.
Rodster

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by Rodster
Hi
I don't know if Jody was serious or not but we call a shop that does autobody repair a bump shop.
Rodster

i did not know what bump sop meant... but it makes sense..

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Hi
Rodster
I never heard call that before its just a body shop around here:D

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
po'boys? is that a sub? up in maine we have what they call italians, as in italian subs... which is basically nothing more than a ham and american cheese sub...

What a shock i ordered an italian sub.. expecting the usual; salami, provolone cheese, capacola ect... all i got was ham and cheese... theres nothing italian about it.. not even the damned cheese..

I gotta travel to NH or mass to get a decent italian sub..

sorry what was this thread about??

:homereat: :homereat:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
po'boys? is that a sub? up in maine we have what they call italians, as in italian subs... which is basically nothing more than a ham and american cheese sub...

What a shock i ordered an italian sub.. expecting the usual; salami, provolone cheese, capacola ect... all i got was ham and cheese... theres nothing italian about it.. not even the damned cheese..

I gotta travel to NH or mass to get a decent italian sub..

sorry what was this thread about??

:homereat: :homereat:
Keep this food run up and it'll be BIG JOHN!!

They're body shops and subs up here. We don't tend to have generic names - ours are more brand oriented--
Rotten Ronnie's - Mickey D's - McDonalds
Crappy Tire - Canadian tire
Day & Lost - a trucking company Day & Ross whose courier division is Someday Courier - in the book as Sameday Courier
Wally world - WalMart
and many more

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not realize that you guys lived in other states.........I thought you all lived inside my computer.
Rodster:rockin:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I did not realize that you guys lived in other states.........I thought you all lived inside my computer.
Rodster:rockin:
good one rod....

Hey Bmboy what about tim hortons? got the up there no? & don Cherry's places...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The "thirsty Mule" pub in town is known by locals as the "drunken donkey" :lmao:

Tim Horton's is just called Tim's,, he's every bodys buddy up here!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts