Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its still related to a boat. My latest project I undertook is making a 16 foot old aluminum John boat and shrinking it in length to approx 8' 10" OAL.........The boat is just too large for in my pond, is a real pain to haul in and out, and cumbersome to use for what I use it for on the pond. So I hauled it up to the shop, flipped it over and cut out a section to shrink it in length..........right now I am fitting the scap splice which is cut out of the piece I removed. Will probably fillet and fit this splice with aerospace type sealant and shoot it full of rivets.........I had considered welding it, but decided onthe rivet and sealant instead, as it will give more strength overall than a butt welded seam on a 4 foot wide boat even though its going to be pretty short OAL.. This boat will never be used on any water except for our pond etc, and its propelled by oars, which I can now probably do without, and just use a simple double kayak or canoe paddle.........Maybe I might even rig up a electric DC motor and make an inboard drive setup for it and run it off some scrounged heavy duty nicad battery cells I have.........and that way it won't corrode the aluminum like a regular battery would........

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Send a picture... I have a 16' modified v express.... and there arn't to many places or ponds that I can't get in and manuver... Send a picture of you pond w/something to refence size... Send some pictures of the work in progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts