Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never thought I would say this, but I think it's time to sell a tractor. I have two old L's, and the oldest, a 1944, I just dont need. Have not used it in two years, and the other, an LI, is just more usefull. Am I doing the right thing? Should I be talked out of it? What can I find to fill it's place??:D :D [Maybe finly pick up a snowblower for the Ingersoll] It's not easy to see one of your children go, but sometimes you have to cut the aprin strings.:D :D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
This is going to rough from me the ultimate pack rat but I have agree with Chief its time to go has finally arrived. I have to be very careful in the selection of tools and if I use them only once in a while they stay. but after 2 years of non use, It has become time.:duel:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Paul
I would think since it's 60yrs old it would be something that is not easily replaced. Think it over carefully and let it be your decision.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by sixchows
Paul
I would think since it's 60yrs old it would be something that is not easily replaced. Think it over carefully and let it be your decision.
Well the thing is I have the other L, and becouse the gearing is better [read slower] it is just more usefull to me. Don't get me wrong, I would love to hold on to it and restore it, but to just restore, then store somewere a fitting end for such a tough,hardworking, long lived michane?? So who knows. I did pull it up to the house, and started working cleaning it up, and getting her woken up. So I guess it comes down to if the right price comes along.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Originally posted by sixchows
Paul
L's are easier to find then an LI or LS.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Deerehunter
L's are easier to find then an LI or LS.
Ya and my "newer"one[if early 60's is new:D ] is a LI. Slower speed, and much better for brush cutting, and any garden chores. Seems it would be better to put the money into the one, or one of my others, then to just have a show peice, that I realy dont need.

So if anyone in TF land is loooking for a cool resto project, and wants a nice little peice of history, speek up.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts