Tractor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Craftsman's 855C, 856C, 857C
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my stepdad originally got his own 8'X15' Lifetime shed I figured it was my turn to get one, and I got really lucky with this one because it was the floor model. I got it for only $940.00 at my local BJ's Wholesale Club. This will be my official "mancave". It took about 2-3 months to put up with letting the pressure treated wood floor dry out, then coating it with a special wood oil that a member of MTF recommended for about a week then letting that dry for a couple days, then the real work started in November. The shed has been up now for 2 months and currently has 2 tractors in it, my tow behind trailer/cart/wagon to hook on the back of my tractor, 7-8 bales of straw to put in the trailer, a leaf blower from my grandfather I gotta fix, and 10-12 bicycles I gotta fix too. So needless to say at this time I ain't got no more room for more tractors, yup it sure does fill up fast lol.

Here are some pictures of it on my trailer home from the store.....
Vehicle cover Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle cover Land vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Wood Triangle Automotive exterior Siding
Hood Motor vehicle Triangle Wood Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Truck Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Outdoor furniture Automotive tire Wood Outdoor bench

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Construction has begun, starting with the frame.....
Plant Land lot Wood Grass Groundcover
Plant Building Window House Road surface
Grass Groundcover Wood Plant Landscape
Wood Grass Saw Metal Carmine
Wood Grass Groundcover Plant Wood stain
Wood Art Natural material Gas Cuisine
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Wood

The main frame is all put together now.....
Plant Tree Land lot Wood Groundcover

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that the main frame is built, it's now time to get the tree stump out of the way so we can get the frame level. We got some of it with the chainsaw and a shovel but we had to rent a stump grinder to completely get it all out.....
Plant Wood Grass Groundcover Tool
Wood Grass Plant Groundcover Landscape

We lit the root on fire because we couldn't get it out with a shovel or the chainsaw, but that didn't work either so we used the stump grinder we rented.....
Cloud Atmosphere Sky Purple Water

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that the stump is out of the way, it's time for us to build a new way to drain water from our basement for when it rains underneath the shed.....
Plant Grass Automotive tire Track Groundcover
Plant Vegetation Water Road surface Grass
Tire Plant Wheel Grass Tread
Plant Groundcover Grass Compost Soil

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that the drainage project is done, and the stump is gone it's time the main frame is moved into its final resting place and put 3 more pieces of 2X4 in the center of the frame. I got 3 of these....
Wood Hardwood Plank Wood stain Flooring

This is the pressure treated plywood my stepdad told me to get, these were expensive. I needed 4 of these which cost about a total of $215.00 all together.....
Wood Font Wood stain Hardwood Plank

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that the pressure treated wood dried out, is all nailed down to the shed and coated with the oil that the fellow MTF member recommended its time for the real work to begin and put the actual shed floor on.....
Plant Sky Tree Slope Wood
Plant Property Window Road surface Asphalt
Outdoor bench Outdoor furniture Sports equipment Wood Building

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that the floor is screwed in the wood and my trailer is starting to look like a trailer again, it's time to start building the actual shed. Please excuse the snowblower and the tires, they were there to hold the walls up and in place because it was windy and cold that day we were putting it up.....
Plant Property Window Building House
Window Property Sky Building Tree
Wheel Tire Plant Building Sky

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all I got for now, I will have more pictures of the shed completely done.

I will also have a new thread/post on another project I have been working on soon too.....

Thank you for looking!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Here are couple pictures of the shed all up and built. The first picture is recent, the 2nd is when it was first put up and I started putting stuff in it....
Window Sky Snow Building Door
Property Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Wood

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
1967 Craftsman, I'm building my own "shed", and would appreciate your advice. Starting with a gabled thin aluminum frame. Better for a greenhouse, but.... Plan thin corrugated aluminum roof, tarp to wrap frame for three walls, w\one open side. Do you think I need to brace any further? Kind of windy down here sometimes. Will be used to store an 8N or an old Massey- for restoration.

Away from house, and sugar sand here in Florida drains well, but is not very solid -- maybe 24" vertical posts to anchor frame? Dry pressure-treated wood? I do not understand why, and for three months? Considering treated floor, but maybe concrete in treated frame.

Begin in few months (even "cold" in Florida in January). I would appreciate your guidance, especially about bracing and floor. Thanks

·
Banned
3,188 Posts
Hi All,

Here are couple pictures of the shed all up and built. The first picture is recent, the 2nd is when it was first put up and I started putting stuff in it.... View attachment 76897 View attachment 76899
Isn't that one of those plastic snap together sheds? I wonder how they hold up long term. If it is, all you really had to do was build a base, the rest of it interlocks and snaps together correct?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Isn't that one of those plastic snap together sheds? I wonder how they hold up long term. If it is, all you really had to do was build a base, the rest of it interlocks and snaps together correct?
It is a plastic "snap together" shed so to speak yes, although you do have to put screws in and yes I had to just build a base for it. Here is a video from the company who makes it explaining what it is more "in depth".....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

Looking at their website on the page for the 8X15 is shows a 10 year warranty and the price is not too bad at all I think.....

Lifetime 15 Ft. x 8 Ft. Outdoor Storage Shed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts