Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the massive unplanned outage and failures on the Sun boxes (caused by provider in part), we are back and running at full speed.

I am sorry for the outage personally. I have not encountered an outage YET that has lasted longer than 2 hours with any of the my servers/backbone connections in the last few years --- much less 2 servers (primary and backup) at the same time. Sun came out and replaced the boxes --- I reloaded the forum data etc and we are back up and running.

I thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Humbly,
Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Im Happy

I was going stir crazy:crazy: well atleast where back on.:clap: Thank God
Jody

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Andy,

No problem. Sometimes crap happens. We did miss the Forum, though. Glad it's back up and going.

P.S. I have a couple of tool boxes ( Dad's and Grandps's) that I am going to do a full restoration on. I'd like to post pics and ask questions. Where should I post them?

I also have a Craftsman project tractor I'm "rebuilding". I think you may be interested.

Again, thanks for all your good work and the great site.

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Greg....Post it under the Workshop or Working on equipment --- I need to rename it to something like Restoration Forum --- (let me go do that!) haha. :)

Man, it is GREAT to be back...

Sounds like some great plans.. Take some details photos and stuff and I will make a DIY project guide for your other tractor project if you want.

In any case, thanks for the support.
Andy

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
andy Just curious: Yoo explained the cost and some of your equipment needed in running this site... why couldnt you just have a site house your domain? I have a little web site and its cheap to have it housed and run by a provider. I know that they have options for larger type of domains (more diskspace & accounts ect)

is it that this type of forum requires it to be housed and run internally?

just curious...

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I really like the idea of owning my own equipment and having it exclusively used for my usage not hosting 50 domains and getting bogged down. I host it there because I know the engineering Director and I get a cut-rate (!!!) deal on a full DS3.
So there it it! :0

Makes little sense I guess is what you are saying and I guess I agree. ;)

Andy

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Hell, I had to go into work yesterday form 2:00PM - 11:00PM and get up and back in there at 7:00AM this morning :rough:, so my a$$ is dragging. I thought for sure tisenberg would be lightyears past me by now. :eek: But you just got it back up and I didn't even know it was down. (does that sound right????, sounds like something my doctor would say) :smiles: Anyway I'm glad it wasn't anything serious and I'm still ahead of tisenberg, but I see he's gaining. Must have been gabbing today... :nerd:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts